ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out on a few ponds in the Naperville area yesterday, retention ponds. In the A.M. didn't have any luck at all. In the early evening, around 4:pm I hit the ponds again and caught 3 LM in about 30 minutes. Concentrated on the North shore. Fish ranged from 10 in. to one about 14. Not bad for the first day out.

PS. I hit the Duper in the A.M. also, around McDowell no luck at all. Haven't been able to figure that area out yet. Any suggestions would be great.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Hey franz.. /welcome
What were you using on the lms???

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hunden said:
Hey franz.. /welcome
What were you using on the lms???
I was using a black 1/16 once mushroom head jig with the auger tail off of a culprit 4.5 in orange/red and yellow worm. I was surprised in that I really didn't have to work it very slow.

·
Registered
540 Posts
McDowell's going to have a whole new look soon. After the cleanup upstream, dredging and the dam comes out we're all going to have to figure it out all over again. For now I've been having luck with 1/4 oz roadrunners w/white twistertail. 16" SM Saturday and one LM that was about 8". Missed 2 w/4" finesse worm rigged wacky on #6 octopus.
/welcome

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fishnmagician said:
McDowell's going to have a whole new look soon. After the cleanup upstream, dredging and the dam comes out we're all going to have to figure it out all over again. For now I've been having luck with 1/4 oz roadrunners w/white twistertail. 16" SM Saturday and one LM that was about 8". Missed 2 w/4" finesse worm rigged wacky on #6 octopus.
/welcome
Are you fishing south of the entrance? I was fishing Sunday just south of the bridge on the east side. Water was moving pretty good. Tried concentrating close to shore but didn't have much luck. When is all this work supposed to be started?

·
Registered
540 Posts
It was running fast. I was working/walking a good 1/2 mile each side of the dam. It's hard to get a straight answer from DFPD as to when the dam will come out, but if you noticed, it's all been surveyed. Stakes everywhere. I know as of 3 weeks ago that they are not renting the shelter at the lagoon this summer because of bridge and dam work. That's all they'll say. If I hear different I'll let everybody know.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fishnmagician said:
It was running fast. I was working/walking a good 1/2 mile each side of the dam. It's hard to get a straight answer from DFPD as to when the dam will come out, but if you noticed, it's all been surveyed. Stakes everywhere. I know as of 3 weeks ago that they are not renting the shelter at the lagoon this summer because of bridge and dam work. That's all they'll say. If I hear different I'll let everybody know.
I walked to the shelter and read the board and didn't notice any posting as to them not renting the shelter. HAve you ever fished right by the canoe launch. I know the water didn't seem to be moving much but the shoreline there seemed at least attractive. I only fished the one side as I said earlier and had no luck. Last year I caught some smallies further south behind the McDonalds on Raymond. Have you ever tried there?

·
Registered
540 Posts
The DFPD has a problem with communication. I learned about the shelter because we have a fathers day outing every year so we inquired about it and other shelters on lakes in the Dupage area. I never fished the area by the McDonalds. The lagoon by the canoe ramp is pretty flat and 2 to 3 feet deep. You can sight fish carp there pretty soon. I've heard, but can't confirm, that the lagoon will be part of the dredging and dam removal project.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fishnmagician said:
The DFPD has a problem with communication. I learned about the shelter because we have a fathers day outing every year so we inquired about it and other shelters on lakes in the Dupage area. I never fished the area by the McDonalds. The lagoon by the canoe ramp is pretty flat and 2 to 3 feet deep. You can sight fish carp there pretty soon. I've heard, but can't confirm, that the lagoon will be part of the dredging and dam removal project.
Thanks. I appreciate the info. I think if the weather holds I am going to try the river more towards Knoch Knolls...had some good luck there last year..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts