ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for any guidance .......

I am considering purchasing the Navionics Platinum cards (for MN and northern WI) for my Lowrance LCX38hd. One new feature is the 3D mapping that shows the lake bottom in 3D for selected lakes.
I was wondering if any CLFers have used this and whether the experience was a "real time" indication that could be used for navigation, or if it was delayed substantially enough to be of little use.
This feature does not work off the depth finder but off the GPS with an interface that combines the position with lake bottom image being shown.
I have lots and lots of experience with GPS units, but not this feature.

If I can actually see a creek channel on a reservoir, or other bottom features, while I am running on plane.....that would be a huge benefit in navigation, but only if it's in real time..

Any info here would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I just put the 38 on my boat. Have not been able to use it yet. Just a couple of weeks ago, Navionics came out with a new product, called Hotspots Explorer. I am waiting for mine to come. From what I understand you put this in your PC and can view the lakes. Supposedly you can also mark spots and then transfer them to your unit. I'll let you know more when I get mine. They are pretty cheap, only around 20 bucks for the DVD.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks.
I try to keep up with this stuff but it's tough.
I have not heard of that product. Any input is appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.