ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to the Pier around 7:45 am & the bite was hot. Pulled in 15 or so Perch, but only 2 keepers! While I was out there 3 different guys pulled in brownies, one of them was huge. Around 9:30am the ice was forming too thick to keep fishing. Hope the weather breaks, soon. I can't take it anymore, I NEED TO FISH!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
how do you guys get the browns when you guys catch them wat if its big in the ten pounds or so ? u know its pretty high from the top to the bottom ? wat were they using wat kind of bait ?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
^^ Was that a text message??^^
An experienced angler fishing the shores of Lake Michigan will always bring a net. Even when fishing for perch. Browns will hit all the same bait as perch, and at the same depths. It is very common, especially at Navy Pier, to get a brown when you are expecting a perch. Fishing with a slip bobber will increase your chances bigtime. I never would have expected to get anything other than perch (or maybe rock bass) on a crappie rig, but last spring I got several coho on them also. You may look like you're over prepared if you bring a long net to a perch outing, but if you fish otfen enough, you'll eventually be glad you did!

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Hey Beginner - I checked out your fish stories from burnham (which were pretty cool, nice catches....), but how on earth and in what creative way could you possibly land a steelhead or a brown at navy pier WITHOUT a net???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts