ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
king

The fish that would be King someday was what they called them in the 60's - That was when Lake Erie was burning and all the Chicago beaches were closed. Thank God for the clean water act. I still call them King Carp
however because they are really great fighters. and should be let go to fight another day. However all bet are off if they swim by when I got my Bow Fishing gear then the Y chromosone kicks in and its hello Heaven gate for them.

:)30

RF

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fellow Anglers,
I've been collecting nicknames for carp lately for a writing project that's been going on for too long now. After a year, I think I've exhausted the relevant carping literature and Google (if that's possible), so I'm turning those of you neck deep in the marshes and mud.

If you've heard of any nicknames pertaining to the noble bottomfeeder or where those names might have originated, I would love to hear it. When I complete the list, I'll be more than happy to post it here on the forum.

Thanks everyone.

-JD
Fellow Anglers,
I've been collecting nicknames for carp lately for a writing project that's been going on for too long now. After a year, I think I've exhausted the relevant carping literature and Google (if that's possible), so I'm turning those of you neck deep in the marshes and mud.

If you've heard of any nicknames pertaining to the noble bottomfeeder or where those names might have originated, I would love to hear it. When I complete the list, I'll be more than happy to post it here on the forum.

Thanks everyone.

-JD
swamp donkeys

21 - 28 of 28 Posts