ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am from villa park (western suburb of Chi town) and mosly fish the fox to satisfy my craving for eyes and of course smallies. I have a friend in rockford and was thinking of giving the rock and kish a try. I would appreciate any info on boat launches and hot areas (around rockford). Much thanks in advance, -Dan

G

·
Dan,im not going to give away any one place but give you some hints and you and your buddies can take it from there. My freind paul and i have been tearing them up the last few days near dam areas.There has to be slack water pools nearby and rock is a must. We have only had luck at one particular dam so far but then again thats the only place weve tried,one place.In theory, anyplace with these characteristics should produce and with the help of mapquest or a Rockford phone book you should be able to find something that works.What i will give you is, they have been killing any fast moving topwater weve thrown,poppers,and Zaraspooks. Paul even had luck on live minnows today.Total for Paul for 2 days forty smallies ALL released,myself yesterday afternoon during the typhoon 19 total biggest 16",ALL released to spawn.Lots of females hitting right now so be nice and careful!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kevin, sounds like you guys are have been doing great. Thanks for the info. Can't wait to get out and try the rock. Sounds like this weekend is going to be miserable, but lets hope for next week. I will let you know how I do. Good luck and tight lines. -Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.