ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get to a fishing club in Plainfield on Route 126 about a mile off I55 , coming from Orland Park. Usually I take !59th St. straight west over the big bridge in Lockport that then turns into Renwick Rd. Starting May 1st the bridge will be closed till the end of August. I want to avoid taking I55 if I can , is there another way ? Is there another crossing over the canal anywhere between that Lockport Bridge and I55 ? Thanks for any help

·
Registered
51 Posts
Directions

Come into Lockport on 159th, turn right on Rt. 171, turn left on High Rd. (before you go up the hill north of Lockport), go to 135th St. turn left, stay on 135th thru Romeoville to Weber Rd., turn left on Weber to Airport Rd. turn right to Rt. 59., turn right at 59 to 126 and turn right again. Should be down about a mile or two.

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
LT has got you on the right track and I know you said you wanted to avoid 55 BUT... once you are at 135th and Weber Rd, it is much short to hang a right on Weber, go about a mile, jump on 55 south and the next exit is 126. Right now there is construction, but the back up really doesn't get back until south of 126. Even with traffic, I believe that will be quicker than going all the way down to airport, across to 59 then back north to 126 then back east to the club.... Not to mention that when you get into plainfield on aiport (actually called Lockport street there) the cops sit there all the time and you better not go over 25, then on top of it, Lockport street is completely torn up downtown allowing no westbound traffic, so it really backs up right at 59...

If you REALLY insist on not using 55, then go north on weber just past 55 to Windham, hang a left and it curves around (called remington for a short stretch) and turns into 127th st. take that west about a mile or so until you come to Essington, hang a left and take it due south until you come to a T. That is 126, hang a right and your club will be down just a little bit. On a side note, as you're going across 127th, that portion is called Reagan Ave. There is a new subdivision going in and there is just a few houses on you right hand side. One is right at the corner of Reagan and Bush....no kidding :-D

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
I actually came that way today as I had to go to the ccarquest wharehouse in Romeoville for a couple of hard to find spark plugs for my outboard... Anway, cut across Normantown to Weber, Weber to 55 and 55 to the 126 exit, actually cruised right along...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts