ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think :lol:
Yea.....just put a couple G depo on one of these. Its a custom 18ft Florida style flats boat.....made in Minn. The cool thing about it is the owners on the co. know about bowfishing and are going to customize it for bowfishing.
Instead of rod boxes, they are going to be fitted with special brackets to hold strung recurves, and will have arrow holders in it. The small front casting deck will be about 4 by 5 and have the lights built into them so it looks like part of the boat. alot of guys use this for flounder gigging in Fla., and have floods built into the hull under water......so will this one.
Its 18ft long and can handle high seas pretty good, does about 30 with a 25HP, so my 40 is going to make it fly. the rails are 14.5 in. wide so you can stand anywhere on it. Gotta think of more custom bowfishing touches for it though.....oh yea.....it will push pole thru 3.5 in. of water!

http://www.beavertailskiffs.com/btximage6.html

·
Registered
426 Posts
Congrats ed! Its a beauty. I've been watchin craigslist for a small 12-14ft jon boat. Hopefully ill be building a small backwater boat this summer.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Brad....Im using the motor off the skiff, but the trailer and boat will be sold REAL cheap if your interested.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Nice boat. Looks like the hokey pokey days are over.

·
Premium Member
11,485 Posts
I want it when your done with it... that power spike will come in handy on the Illinois too. Like Gheenoe's a lot.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got some good news! The new skiff will be here by the 1st week of May :-D :-D :-D :-D AND....the old skiff has been sold and going to a good home.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts