ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any reports for this weekend? I'll be goin tomorrow aft & eve. I'll try the usual spots. Hopeflly the sun has activated a few fish. Anyone info appreciated. Maybe walleye at the Will. dam?
I Get the pleasure of bringing my beautiful wife along.
HINT: If you bring a non fisherman, bring good binoculars. This is the best time of year to bird watch. No leaves on the trees, but new birds everyday.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Actually, I was in Wilmington yesterday. The river was up and muddy, so I headed to Braidwood for an hour and got 4 LM 10"-12".

·
Registered
76 Posts
Went to the rock on saturday mid-day. It was high and fast. Didn't get anything, but saw a ton of crayfish and a few of what I think were creek chubs. We were the only ones there when we started. We waded down to the falls, then took the trail back. When we got to the lot, there were about 5 guys setting up right under the foot bridge. I think all it will take is a little warmer water to turn them on and get em moving.

·
Registered
190 Posts
WHAT'S UP YOU KANK ANGLIN' FOOLS?

WENT OUT IN THE WEE HOURS OF EARLY EARLY SATERDAY MORNING BELOW KANKAKEE DAM--CAUGHT 2
WALLEYES (9" AND 18").RAN INTO LANNY.HE WAS CHECKING WATER TEMP(42-44 DEGREES)WATER IS SWIFT SO IF YOUR WADING, BE SMART, ITS NOT WORTH IT TO GET SWEPT DOWNSTREAM FOR A SMELLY FISH.OR IS IT??
ALSO WENT OVER TO BRAIDWOOD AFTER THAT--DNR NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE ABNORMAL AMOUNT OF ANOYING "LITTLE CATFISH".I LOVE TO CATCH EM',BUT THEY ARE RIDICULOUSLY SMALL...
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE 2-3 POUNDERS??

MIKE S.

G

·
DNR NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE ABNORMAL AMOUNT OF ANOYING "LITTLE CATFISH".I LOVE TO CATCH EM',BUT THEY ARE RIDICULOUSLY SMALL...
Those little catfish are just the BIG catfish of the future and it's good to see them in large numbers as one good hot spell can wipe out a large part of there population! the BIG cats are hiding in the deepest holes waiting for the current to wash food to them! We took some of those small cats & put them into a private pond a few years ago...they are now hitting the 10 Lb mark! I was to go out on Braidwood today with "Catfish Bill" from Midwest Outdoors but the rain changed our plans, hopefully by next week the weather will be a little more cooprative?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I never made it to the river on sunday. The weather and the fishing reports were just plain bad. I WILL be a the river Sunday, Monday and Tuesday!! Spring Break!!! I will be camping and fishing for three days at the state park. If ANYONE has ANY fishing info for later this week or the weekend, PLEASE drop me a line. I'm sure it will turn on before next week's 80degrees. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Hope to see you on the river next weekend. Please, let's start communicating with some fishing info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts