ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking forward to getting out to the Dupage on Saturday. I haven't fished it before, so I don't really know any spots to go to. Can anybody offer any spots that they think might produce fish? Also, what kind of baits should I use there- spinnerbaits, cranks, tubes?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Check out the recent Canton Bridge post and several others within the Dupage forum. Lot's of old posts with plenty of info. They'll answer some if not all of your questions. Hopefully you'll be able to add some current info after this weekend. Good fishing.
/welcome

·
Registered
102 Posts
I fish the river in Joliet from Caton Farm Rd down to the dam at Jefferson St. Make sure you have waders for this stretch of water. Focus on the deeper pools and fallen trees. Typical river spots. If you can find JB on here ask him. He knows this stretch pretty good.

·
Registered
142 Posts
There are also many access points from Rt.52 down to the Channahon dam. Get yorself an atlas so you know the roads that run close to the river and take a ride. I've had my best luck wading using jigs and spinners for smallies. Other than that I use crawlers or corn on the bottom when bank fishing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts