ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The long winter and ice is finally gone. Might as well go fishing.
Short drive down 57, welcome to the land of "unbridled spirit".

Beautiful Gilbertsville was our host and the Bel Air provided the luxury accommodations

Launched at KDM, awesome facility, tons of parking, etc. Long idle out to the lake though. Also, have fun to and fro with a north or south wind.

Excitement and anticipation, Fonz does the fishy dance. Just love the way you move.
:)2

[ame]https://youtu.be/YPzQUEqES0Y[/ame]

Bananas in every compartment

Ready to fish

A couple

Fonz with a good 'un

A picture says a thousand (or more) words

Tankers (ho hum)

·
Premium Member
5,974 Posts
Where did you baught the fish?

Fonzie's dancing syncs up to this song pretty good
[ame]https://youtu.be/85UkYyPYzro[/ame]

Nice Haul. You get those before or after the water raised?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you make it as far South as Jonathan Creek??? Thats about where Rt. 68 crosses over the lake(Aurora)... That's where I used to go, at Cedar Knob Resort
This trip we did not make it south of Bee Springs.

Nice Haul. You get those before or after the water raised?
After. There was a bunch of regional "locals" that were staying at our hotel for a 28 boat club tourney...from what I was told by them the fish were acting "funny" due to the water temps and levels that both rose rapidly in a 2-3 day period. The tourney winner bagged 17#, our best 5 that day was north of that figure however :)2:)2:)2:)2:)2 x38.

Probably would have done even better, but I was constantly distracted by the recollection of Fonzie's boat ramp dance moves:mad:

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Probably would have done even better, but I was constantly distracted by the recollection of Fonzie's boat ramp dance moves:mad:

Hmmm, I bust out my Fonz and Fluke re-union tour moves and all I get is grief in return :rolleyes:

My rhythm is what called all the fish into the boat, but my sterling conversation is what really makes a day on the water complete.

Speaking of conversations, I was surprised to learn that an otherwise rational SF believes in Bigfoot. Yes Bigfoot!

In fact, he went so far as to say the following: "That they're {Bigfoot} all over the place up there {Canada} and that typically the females are smaller than the males" :eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
93 Posts
RE: No Ice in Ole KY

Nice post; sounds like ya had a good trip. The spring was kind of weird this year; I was out several times in April from Paris Landing (South - Rt. 79 bridge in TN) to Jonathan Creek (North - Rt. 68/80 bridge KY) and found it hard to put a pattern together. Put in a total of about 6 or 7 days on the water in the first 3 weeks of April and struggled. Weather was as unstable as the water levels!

Just one question; What's with the bananas?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts