ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the Wisconsin bodies of water that one can fish in after ice-out for LMB, SMB and Walleye without worries about a closed season ? :roll:

I know there are several but cannot remember them. Green Bay maybe ?
How about Butte De Mortes ??

Thanks

·
Registered
491 Posts
Basically any flowage or "lake" that has rivers flowing in and out of it.
Winnebago Chain and Green Bay is open to everything but Musky.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Eye agree with you Eye. Lake WI is a pretty awesome fishery. I am fortunate enough to have a girlfriend with a future brother in law that owns a kick butt place right on the lake...and he happens to be a great guy to boot.

He has been fishing that lake for 30 years and has just introduced me to it as early as last year. Great lake with beautiful scenery that holds a vast array of fish from what I hear....

N

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How is Lake Wisconsin for Obstructions (stumps, rocks etc)?? I have to do a 2 hr break in of my motor and want to get that done asap.
I want to concentrate on the proper break in procedure....not navigation issues.

·
Registered
315 Posts
AAAV8OR said:
How is Lake Wisconsin for Obstructions (stumps, rocks etc)?? I have to do a 2 hr break in of my motor and want to get that done asap.
I want to concentrate on the proper break in procedure....not navigation issues.
there are stumps out it the middle, you really have to pay attention to the markers. Big bass up there!

·
Registered
39 Posts
My aunt and uncle have a cottage near the Okee bridge and Merrimac Ferry. I haven't been there since I was ten-ish, but I remember lots of submerged trees, but I think they were all marked by buoys pretty well back then. There were also a good amount of sand bars as well.

What I remember most was some killer striper fishing. Minnow hooked through the back a foot or two down under a bobber..., then BINGO!!!! striper.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fishslayer said:
....why are you going to wisconsin to break in your motor?

I store my boat in Merril Wisconsin, because I fish mostly up there in Eagle River. It is cheaper for me to store it there indoors than it is to tow it each time up that far.
I really would like to find a lake (maybe Dubay) to break in this motor. I don't want to fish that day.....just take care of the motor break in.
Any suggestions in Wausau area would be appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts