ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking of splashing the boat tomorrow at North Point. Any reports? Would hate to drive 150 round trip just to wash lures with these gas prices. thanks in advance for any reports. :-D

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Only problem, I have not seen any good reports yet. I think the temp has got to get up some.

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
Not to mention that as of a few days ago, the fish cleaning station was still closed and the lot is still pretty full, hard to find a place to park the vehicle and trailer....

I'd say after this weekend, things should really clear up...

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would contact Lakeside bait at Waukegan harbor, and ask for an update.
You are a little early but if you go out of Waukegan ,troll south towards Great Lakes toward the white tanks. Try 20-30 ft of water first, on top with yellowbirds and shallow running dipseys. I would troll flies( tinsel-silver/green or silver blue, and orange 00 dodgers, very slow troll doing an s-pattern troll ! If no luck try going al the way to the front of Great lakes harbor and stay shallow. If no good try moving out deeper 10-20 ft at a time. Remember to keep those flies 18-24 inches behind the dodger ! Shorten your leads in May when the water warms up . If the water is to dirty in shallow, then try and find the cleaner water in the least amount of depth ! Vary your yellow bird distances till you can establish a pattern.

Good Luck and give us a report !

Waukegan Wally

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
Ther perch are in 55 fow off of Waukegan. Just look for the boats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts