ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are considering taking our boat up to the Flemish Cap (Northern IL / Southern WI) on Saturday AM for a day of fishing. We are looking for recomendations on good places to go this time of year, lures to use, depths this time of year, etc... Also, does anyone know how long of drive this is on the water? Any help is much appreciated. Dr. Detroit

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been fishing out of Northpoint Marina for several years. Somebody posted directions here on this board. Essentially, go as far North and East as you can in Illinois and you're there.

Generally this time of the year I'll turn right and fish in the first mile of water from shore. I fish most with side planers or shallow running dipsy divers. Dodgers and flys trolled slow. Short Blue/green/gold flies.

Essentially the thing to do is use your eyes and radio to see where the boats are. Patterns change from day to day and year to year so there are no hard and fast rules. The fish can move around quite a bit.

--Tom

·
Registered
137 Posts
Dr. Detroit

I will be out there Saturday as well. A friend of mine went out last Friday from Winthrop and limited out in 2 hours (4 guys). Tom had a great strategy. Head for the power plant and see where the other boats are setting up. If you see boats heading North and South stick in those depths. Be courtious and try to stay clear of the money boats (charters). These guys are out there all week and are trying to earn a living fishing and us weekend warriors learn from them. There are plenty of fish and if you use them as a benchmark you will do great. Most of the guys are even nice enough to share with you whats working if you can catch them at the dock. Good luck and my boat name is Kidtastrophy. I monitor 16 and 80 if you want a report from me. I'm not feeling well (cough...cough...) and might be out on Friday Weather permitting. If I go I will try to post my results.

Good Fishing to all

HJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.