ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
pike

I have not fished the river much this year, compared to years past, but I have still logged a fair number of hours fishing. I haven't seen any pike down my way (Plainfield/Shorewood) at all in the 8 years I have bean fishing the DuPage.

I do know a guy who said he occasionally caught a small one 14"-18" in the area he fishes. West branch Warrenville/West Chicago area. He is an aquantence of my nieghbor and seemed to be truthfull, he admitted to getting skunked after solo outings. I havent spoken to him this past year, but if you are looking for pike I would try that area first.

· Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. I was more just suprised to see that they stocked them again. I hope they do well there. There is plenty of carp and suckers to eat so I hope they throw a few thousand in for a couple of more years.

· Registered
324 Posts
I know they were stocked when I was in junior high school, about 15 years ago. One day I caught 4 nice sized ones in Naperville, all between 24-30 inches out of the same hole.

Havent caught any since then.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.