ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
I saw alot of water backed up in the DPR on sat. And yesterday at Starved Rock wasnt to bad. But with the MWC done Ill bet that water and all the rain we are getting is gonna really mess up the IWT.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Dont forget the FLW event is Saturday.

The water was high on the MWC, but still somewhat clear.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I usually try to think positive about river conditions,but the way it is pouring now over here and the worst is yet to come I don`t know!,Jason I think you are being more optimistic than me I bet it reaches 26 ft by Thurs... but I hope I am wrong because I really want to get out this weekend .:cry:

·
Registered
194 Posts
It was high yesterday but from what I hear they dropped it 2 feet from saturday night. I dont think we are going to get that lucky for the IWT. Should be interesting.

·
Registered
25 Posts
it was said that its only maybe 29 boats for that flw deal saturday. Hey komo is that boat peep of yours still lookin for a co- to sign up with?

·
Registered
269 Posts
I dont think we have a prayer for this coming weekend guys. :evil:
Rivergages.com is predicting only coming up to 21 ft.
I dont think this is going to be the case.I think it is going way over 21.
Hope Im wrong,but I dont think so.Even at 21 its shot.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
He is laying low due to the river. You can sign up at the FLW up until Friday 600PM, the meeting time. I will let him know though.

Other than the IWT, was there ever a tournament cancelled? MWC wasnt last year. Maybe thats the benchmark. If the MWC can go, than the FLW will go.

It has been relatively clear for the last few weeks. Certainly fishable at 18 feet or more. Years ago, it would hit 16 and thats it. The river would be shot.

The DesPlaines up north is fast, muddy and HUGE. It should be down there by Friday.

·
Registered
369 Posts
The desplains up here is a rolling swamp. I work in franklin park and the creeks that feed it are worst yet. and hey it didnt even start raining hard yet. YYYIIIPPPPEEEE YYYAAAHHHOOOOO /play lets do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heck I might sign up for the flw also. Bring it on mother nature. hahaha
Heck with it all,i`m going to heidakee lake. 8:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I talked with Sonny the FLW director today and he told me they have 25 boaters signed up and 4 cos on a waiting list. They are leaving the registration open as Mark said until Friday. He told me he would like to get at least 15 more boats. I hope he gets them. As far as the river he said as long as it is not dangerous with a lot of debris coming down they will fish. As long as it is safe I am looking forward to fishing. With all the past flooding hopefully it will stay cleaner than normal. If it does stay cleaner I still think the fish will go, it might be better than you think. This might be wishful thinking but sitting out the MWC has me a bit antsy and ready to go. See you on the water.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Id rather sit out than fish another tourney like the MWC last year.All we caught was a condem and had to throw it back because it wasnt 14 inches.

·
Registered
369 Posts
klino It would have made it if you unrolled it ALL the way!!! Heck that was a $60,000 rubber. Next time you get one of those check it twice on the judge :eek: .hehehe

·
Registered
363 Posts
It`s 1;30 am looks like most of the rain missed and the radar looks clear at least at this point.Maybe we will get this weekend in. :)2

1 - 20 of 30 Posts