ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thundersmom & I are heading out there in the morning.
We'll let ya know how we do on Thursday or Friday. If we do well tomorrow, we'll head back on Thursday.
If not, we willl post the news on Thursday while were sitting home pouting.
:-?

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
Went out there yesterday to run the boat after work, there were people loading that caught some good cats and some small bass, good luck :)2

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well.....

We didn't make it out Wed. due to the preverbial "unforseen circumstances", but we did this morning.
Red flag flying at the launch, but wasn't that bad.
Don't get me wrong fellow boaters, when the red flag flies, it can be quite bad out there, so unless you know your limitations & how to navigate in bad wind & waves, We strongly advise staying off & waiting for a better day. Typically, the fish will be there next time, but if you go out not knowing the lake, the weather, & how to deal with it all, YOU might not.
That being said, we caught LOTS. Thundersmom actually caught most of our keeper Gills, which we love. Both of us caught many,many cats.
1 smaller LM (I got) & she caught the turtle that was steeling her bait for about an hour.
All in all, great day as usual.
We tossed back about 60 cats & 15 or 20 Gills.
Kept 8 Gills & 16 Cats, of which we gave away 12 to an old boy fishing the shoreline who wasn't having much luck.
He actually only wanted to take 4 or 5 so's not to clean that many, but then he said he'd take them & give some to a couple of neighbors who'd enjoy them as well.

Best part of the day was the fact that NO phone rang, there was NO traffic to deal with, we saw an Eagle, dozens of Pelicans, many, many Egrets, a HUGE Muskrat, 4 Deer & lots of other wildlife.
All in the 5 (or so) hours we were there.

Does it get any better than that?

Weather ya catch fish, or not, theres more to a " Fishing Trip" than just the fish.

Look around occasionally & you'll see what we mean.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How bout it blu........

:p Usually we see them on the hot side at the Big Island. Today they were mid lake back by the old rearing pond on a point across from the seldom used DNR ramp (if ya know where I mean).
Find the Pelicans, Find the fish. They're FAT, so they apparently know more than us dumb folk....hehehe. :)2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.