ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The clubs' season is comming to an end on April 1st. I have a hunt or two left on my bird account. The fields will dictate when we go, I will post a date the closer we get to the weekends.

Panfish and his son came up for a hunt this last Saturday. We had an afternoon hunt, that was a little sloppy. Mike brought his pointer along, she was a pleasure to hunt behind.

We starterd out a little slow working the thinner cover. Once we got into a thicker part of the field we started geting birds. Mike's son is a heck of a shot, and knew when to pass on a bird. I could stand to learn a lesson in that departnment. I killed a bird I couldn't retreive.

Mike, if you and your family come up to Great America this summer be sure to do it on a weekend. We can get out and pick up a salmon or two.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thanks for the hunt Jay. We had a blast. Wish the kid sang as good as he shot. Had to listen to him the 3 hrs home. Kept me awake any way. Love to hook up again. This summer or any time you need a hand on the boat let me know. We will get you down here also for some wild birds and maybe even a goose or 2 in the fall. Asked some guys at work about their dogs burrying a bird and none of them had ever heard of one doing that before. Wish I would have had a cam corder with us. It was good for a laugh and a short break for the legs. We'll talk to you soon.

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a space open if anyone want to go this weekend. I have a field for Saturday am, get intouch with me by a post here or a pm by tomorrow afternoon. I will proably head out west tomorrow around 3:00 pm and wont have a computer to check.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts