ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if their is any open water on marie or channel lakes and if so is there any ramps that are currently open for launch in that area. Any help would be great. thinking about heading out on saterday morning for the first time this year

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
As of today, Channel, Catherine and Marie are still ice covered. Grass, Nippersink and Pistakee are almost fully open. Most ramps and non current channels are still iced. The river is open. Water is high with lots of floating ice and debris. If you do find an open launch, you'll be limited in travel.

It's a slow thaw this year. :-?

·
Registered
235 Posts
JD - how bout the Spring Lake Channels between Bluff & Petite? I'm thinking they should be open. Know if CJ Smiths ramp is open? Thx!

·
Premium Member
5,974 Posts
Also FYI the entire chain is under a no wake restriction

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
alias said:
JD - how bout the Spring Lake Channels between Bluff & Petite? I'm thinking they should be open. Know if CJ Smiths ramp is open? Thx!
CJ's ramp is closed, their piers and park benches are under water. The only lakes that still have ice are channel and catherine but rising water levels are gonna make it tough to get out anywhere. :-?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Dang JD, that is not good to hear. I am hoping to start up the boat Sat, and with the prediction of nice weather for next week I was hoping to get out. If not the chain, how is Loon.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Dang JD, that is not good to hear. I am hoping to start up the boat Sat, and with the prediction of nice weather for next week I was hoping to get out. If not the chain, how is Loon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts