ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lets here how everyone did. Everyone i talked to smoked the largemouth. Me and two buddies got 152 fish. with 138 being Largemouth. Fished from around 5:45 till noon. Arrived just after midnight to be the 21st Boat in line. What time did everyone show up? Looks as if the cold weather didn't keep the bass from biting. Any one else notice the size increase in bass from last year. Seemed like we were getting a lot of 1.5 to 2 lb fish consistently and all being quite fat. Fish looked super healthy and like they have been eating good! Curious to see if anyone else thought the same way?

·
Registered
63 Posts
holy shtt 138 largemouth in 4 hours?? thats more than a fish every 2 minutes, never heard of anything like that at lasalle before. I hope that kinda bite sticks around.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
we caught them on pretty much everything we threw. Crankbaits, Spinnerbaits, plastics, buzz bait, ratl trap. I thought it was 6 to, but i think cause there were so many boats, they opened it a little early and started letting people launch. We were in the dark for about 45 minutes or so. We were pretty much averaging like 30 bass an hour, so its basically 1 every two minutes. at one point we got six on six casts. hoping that bite stays like this all spring.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
We didnt catch no 152 largemouths which is amazing :eek: but we did pretty good with the stripers off the shore. With over 20.

·
Registered
77 Posts
how long does Lasalle stay good? i can't make it out this weeknd, probably not for two weeks actually...

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Nice fish Legend075 :)2 .

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yeah Yeah I was there too and I got 1000, no wait........100,000 fish.
And they were all 6, no wait............. 16 pounds. I was using giant musky lures but I kept gut hooking them so I went home and took my skitter pop mailbox off the post. This seemed to do the trick. Of course when we got out there the batteries in the camera died so I dont have any pictures. Then on the way back to the ramp the 600 horsepower merc would only top out at 145MPH must be something wrong with the flux capacitor. All in all it was an OK day.

WATER TEMP= 198
WAVES=8=9 FEET
MOST FISH FELL TO THE MAIL BOX SKITTER POP

·
Registered
124 Posts
Me and my brother got in line around 3 and were way back, took almost 45 mins to get to the water after the gates were opened.
Would have been a lot sooner if everyone didnt park bumper to bumper and one guy must have been sleeping, unreal.
We boated 164 fish in 7 hours. Only 9 cats, and 2 stripers.
One phrase always comes to mind around opening day, Idiot.
I would like to ask a few things from boaters, if you cant back your truck up with a trailer learn how, If you cant load your boat on the trailer practice, and test your stinking boat before you get ready to launch it on opening day.
I take my boat to braidwood the week before the opener to test it, and make sure I can launch and run, thus not holding the line up.
When I started pulling a trailer, my father took me to an empty parking lot with the boat in tow and made me back up into parking stalls until my neck hurt from looking behind me, then once I could back it in the water he made me load and unload that SOB every single time we went out.

I will say it made me laugh that my 25hp 1984 merc fired up no problem and took off while the other two ramps were tied up by $50,000 plus worth of bass boats with 250hp motors that would not fire.

And anyone that doesnt believe there were that many fish caught saturday, ask any 20 people who were there, every single boat was landing fish after fish. I have never seen that many happy people. It was a sight to see, one of those days a guy will never forget.....................

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
I was out Sunday and it was largies galore. Not a whole lot of size with a couple in the 2 lb. range. Only one hybrid right off the bat in the morning. We did see some guys doing well early that were trolling open water off the center ****. Also caught a few decent blues, tons of dink channels, and unfortunately WAY to many drum. Almost forget, also 3 decent smallmouth on the cold side which was a nice suprise.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hey Legend what were you guys using for the stripers? We did pretty good on saturday got there at midnight and there were a couple of boats in front of us drinking and cooking out till like 3 a.m. (the guys that everyone was passing in line) Me and a buddy prolly caught about 60 to 65 LM and SM just tossing spinnerbaits in to the rip rap and slow rolling them out. All fish were in the 1 pound to 3 pound range the biggest being a 3 pound Smallie that wrecked my spinnerbait. All in all it was a good day. Heading back out wednesday to try out the hybrid action. What a great couple of hours on the water. I would like to second the complaint about people not being able to back in the water and not checking out there equipment before getting to the lake. Figure it out fellas.....

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
enerson1 said:
Hey Legend what were you guys using for the stripers? We did pretty good on saturday got there at midnight and there were a couple of boats in front of us drinking and cooking out till like 3 a.m. (the guys that everyone was passing in line) Me and a buddy prolly caught about 60 to 65 LM and SM just tossing spinnerbaits in to the rip rap and slow rolling them out. All fish were in the 1 pound to 3 pound range the biggest being a 3 pound Smallie that wrecked my spinnerbait. All in all it was a good day. Heading back out wednesday to try out the hybrid action. What a great couple of hours on the water. I would like to second the complaint about people not being able to back in the water and not checking out there equipment before getting to the lake. Figure it out fellas.....
Shrimp (cooked) and liver off the bottom. Heading back out there on Wednesday.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts