ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has been at either of these two dams fishing for eyes yet this year. This is normally the time when I go out there. Any reports and tips would be appreciated. Thanks. /beer

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
walleye

Unfortunately I slept in, but my cousin fished Dixon dam from around 7am until about 1pm and managed to get one walleye at 18 inches on a green twister tail tipped w/ a leech, and two carp. He said water levels were extremely high and you were only able to fish one side of the dam. I think the water levels should be perfect in about two weeks? I asked him if anyone else around him got anything, and he said that his was the only eye that he saw come out while he was there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
walleye

Allright, fished at Lyndon, Dixon, and Oregon today. I personally didn't catch s**t all day, but did see a nice 24 inch eye caught at Dixon Dam. Fished West side of Oregon Dam from 2pm until about 5pm and saw one guy catch two 15 1/2 inche walleye and a 25 inch Northern on minnows, and a guy next to me caught a 21" that weighed 4.2lbs on a "Walleye killer." All in all a fun day being out even though I got the :skunk:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts