ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than Busse, where can I put my boat in with a trolling moter? I want to take my kid out for the first time this year. Thanks...!!!
Looking around the Schaumburg area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Give Blackwell a shot, there's a public boat launch there as well as rental boats w/trolling motots (I think the rentals start in May). Blackwell is in the Wheaton/Warrenville area just east of rt. 59 on Butterfield Rd (rt. 56). Some nice fish in there, best of luck to ya.

-PC

·
Registered
12 Posts
For private boats you need a permit from the Forest Preserve Dist, that will cost you like 30 bucks if u live in DuPage in order to launch at Blackwell. Clear water there is still pretty cold, best fishing is usually on overcast days. There are still some Trout swimming around from the stocking early this month, they will bite on wax worms fished 3 ft below a bobber.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Where can I get one of those Forest Preserve stickers :)5 I did not know that. Even when I think I know all the rules, I don't. As far as Blackwell is concerned, does this permit replace the launch fee they charge?

I am so c o n f u s e d

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can pick one up at the baitshop at the lake, the Forest Preserve runs it. Or stop by the District Office on Naperville Road at Danada, or call them and they will mail you an application.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.