ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. My job is in the process of relocating from Stamford, CT to Schaumburg, IL and I will be moving out to Palatine at the beginning of June. I am an avid fisherman who does not currently own a boat but I do have access to a canoe that I may be taking out with me. I was just wondering what fishng opportunities exist in the general vacinity (Let's say within an hour's drive of Palatine) for the shorebound angler?

Down in this area, I have done a lot of stream trout fishing and bass fishing, dabbled in a little walleye and muskie fishing with moderate success. Any advice or insight regarding the area and its fisheries would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
this is the Illinois River section, pretty far from Palatine.

Hopefully Ed will move this to the General Fishing Section....or you could repost it there. There are alot of people here from the area you talking about, and they will give you great advice.

Welcome to CLF :-D

·
Registered
20 Posts
palatine

im from palatine, there are alot of places to fish around here. just depends on what your set out to accomplish. for bass you can just about anywhere around here, check out malard lake in dupage county. alot of shore access, plus ive caught some pig large mouth bass there 6lb + watch out for ticks tho, really bad there!! the fox river is right around the corner too! best thing to do is check out the local county web sights for fishing spots.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts