ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Met a disabled vet today at BB BPS. We struck up a conversation in regards to PVA. It seems a fishing tourney is held at Ren Lake in southern Illinois.

The PVA matches boaters to PVA members for a two day tourney. Day 1 only the PVA fishes, the captain (boat owner} may have to assist at times considering the severity of the paralyzed Vet.
The Vet has an chance to win a Triton boat.

Day 2 Captain and Vet pair up with a chance to win cash prizes.

I'm very interested in this event as I can not think of a better thank you to a true hero.

My question is if anyone has participated in this event or has more personal info to share.

No limit

I have just visited the site www.pva.org

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
I've heard of the PVA befor, but never had any dealings with them. I'm a life member of the DAV, from what I know there is no represenitive in the veterans admn. from PVA. Why ? I don't know and I had never heard of the PVA till a few years ago. But anything to help a vet. You'll never know till you give it a try, it sounds to me like its worth looking into.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
No Limit,

I agree that this sounds like a wonderful tournament to take part in. In the future when I have a better tournament boat, I am definitely going to look at these Ts closer especially if they have something a little closer than Rend. If you do it, let us know how it turns out. Good fishing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts