Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just plain suck

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been seeing these Pelican Bass Raider boats out there (http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/produ ... Id=2291568), but are they any good. I understand that they are not some high powered speed boat, but would I be alright on the thing like at Busse Woods, or Blackwell or some place like that?

Does anyone own one of these things?

I am 300 lbs, will I be safe on these things?

I am curious as all get out, but don't want to find out the hard way.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
111 Posts
good boat

I owned one for about 4 years and loved it, it is terrific for small lakes and ponds. Only reason I got rid of it is I fish rivers more now and needed something to handle my kicker motor. Put a 40lb trolling motor on it and you will be happy. Very stable and pretty comfortable. I used to fish my self and a buddy and gear that was about 475 lbs total and it was still very stable.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I owned something similar for awhile and is was very stable. I then switched to a Jon Boat that was lighter to handle and roomier, but not as stable. Then I upgraded to one of the best boats I've ever owned. A Sun Dolphin Pro 120. Link below.

http://www.klindustries.com/products.vm ... 07_Pro_120

The two man bass tender types are OK but you get sore after several hours being trapped in 3 square feet of space. The roomier Jon boat was nice but if anyone stood up without the other knowing, someone or everyone was going in the drink.

The Sun Dolphin is unbelieveably stable and easy to move around in. Plus lots of storage to keep floor and deck space open. I could do almost 30 MPH with a 15 HP two stroke on it but it also has built in oar locks for lakes that don't allow motors of any kind, and it's prewired for a front trolling motor. I believe Dicks sells it but you can find them much cheaper at other stores and used on line.

Even though I have a nice sized Lund now, my wife still misses our Sun Dolphin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts