ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

With warm weather approaching make sure that you don't get attacked by a Penis Fish. You will be very sorry if you do! You guys that wade the Fox had better be careful. I've heard that they are trying to migrate from the Amazon. Boaters- empty your bilge water dang it! I don't want to get attacked because of someone's oversight! We need to be Anglers with Ethics!

If you think I am kidding. Watch this - I think am going to sleep with the light on!

I hope they can't eat through waders!

http://www.infectiousvideos.com/index.p ... &a=playvid

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Ahhh yes the Candiru!! Attracted by urine. What a nasty little fish!!

I guess the moral of the story is.... Dont pee where you fish!!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
A well-circulated myth is that the candiru is capable of swimming up the stream of urine in mid-air to a victim standing on shore or a boat. This is physically impossible as the maximum swimming velocity of the fish is opposed by the downward velocity of the urine stream, and the further impossible act of the 5–14 mm wide fish maintaining position and thrust within a 2–7 mm wide column of fluid. They are also probably not attracted to urine as commonly thought.
-- Wikipedia entry on "candiru"

·
Registered
40 Posts
That fish just replaced the alien warewolves in my nightmares...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Boys , boys, boys.....pay no attention to this nonsense.
That is unless you travel to the Amazon where this fish lives.
Chuck Norris will swim up your "Mr Herkimer" before this fish will. It is a subtropical fish that would never, ever survive the cold water or climate of Illinois. (to say nothing of the pollution).

Relax and keep peeing....errr, fishing. Sorry. :oops:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts