ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At Navy Pier where do you catch the perch? is it out by all of the atractions? or is there a spot on the tip to fish? If you know of a map or something of navy pier and if it is easy to put up that would be great. Also What do you guys use?

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
opposite side of the attractions. I think you can park in the garage until 10 am and pay 5 bucks with your fishing license. personally, i'll use a crappie rig baited with minnows during the winter months. there's a lot of dinks, but you may be able to sort out 10 keepers on a good day

·
Registered
278 Posts
fishstalker:

mplant is correct. crappie rigs w/ minnows works best. the side opposite attractions would be the north wall of pier. you can pretty much fish any part of the pier, just not too close to the boats (security doesn't like that). Parking is $5 with fishing lic. so long as you leave before 10am. In order to get the parking discount you will need to walk to the blue sec door near door 8. the door is almost hidden, I think it's on purpose so the fishermen can't find it. once you actually find the door, you'll bring your parking ticket & fish lic. to the parking sec guy in there, who will make you feel like your really inconveniencing him. he will give you another ticket w/ your parking ticket & you will put both in the auto machine & be chrged $5 to park.
Perch fishing can be good at the pier, however see previous reports. the perch fishing at the pier has slowed to beyone slow. But, goodluck!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts