ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:evil: Lets start it off this way, my bro and me decided we wanted to bust some clays. We decided to go to the K3 state park, and when we pulled up the asphalt patch was littered with shells. I spent the better part of a half an hour cleaning somebody's garbage. I'm not bringing this up because i want a medal. I'm just venting because stuff like this really pisses me off. Is it so hard to bend down and grab ur shells?

sorry bout the rant ;)

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
I agree completely, you gotta pick up after yourself. I can sorta understand if you miss one or two, but that many is just irresponsible. Especially if one accidentally dropped one that was still loaded :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
So its not just us fishing guys and gals huh :x
"police your brass!"As we used to say...

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
Absolutely not! It's good that this pisses you off, it shows you care. Not only do you care, you even did something about it! :)2 :)2

Now if we can just educate those who actually do this kind of stuff to realize that it hurts all of us, we would really be in good shape....

Just curious, since I've nver shot there. How far away were the nearest trash containers? If I had to bet, I'g guess no more than 50', right? Isn't that usually the case, people litter and there's a trash can right there? :-?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I know what you mean David. I was walking through a wooded area getting to a spot on the river this past weekend and I was amazed at how many empty shells I saw. And this was in the middle of nowhere. Pretty disgusting.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well up that way i dont think that they taught the rich chicago guys how to pick up after themselves let alone shoot a clay bird. lol you would think they may even pick them up to reload them but thats right its the city slicker that just buys more .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts