ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those pictures from Barto the other day gave me the itch ;)
Here's what's biting in the Niagara River :lol:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Klino, show him the pic of the nice condom you snagged last year in the MWC....show em what a real Illinois River experience is like.

See if you can get the one with the dead cow in the background, or maybe the old fridge floating by. 8:)

Nice eye btw.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have the same thing it's called lake ontario spring trolling :eek:

·
Registered
269 Posts
uplandk9 said:
Klino, show him the pic of the nice condom you snagged last year in the MWC....show em what a real Illinois River experience is like.

See if you can get the one with the dead cow in the background, or maybe the old fridge floating by. 8:)

Nice eye btw.
Dont have the picture of the condom.The wife made me throw it away.Thats ok though,Im sure I will get another one this year. :lol: By the way,nice eye :)2

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
That is kind of a freaky looking pic. Nice job on the eyes tho!
n

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I usually bleed the fish when I'm keeping them to eat and I guess they got snow in their mouth, I didn't realize it until after I took the pic.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
yep, bleedin the way to go..

What is that a berkley tournament minnow with salt?

·
Registered
356 Posts
denisk said:
I usually bleed the fish when I'm keeping them to eat and I guess they got snow in their mouth, I didn't realize it until after I took the pic.
I'm curious as to why you bleed them? Does it make fileting easier or the meat taste better?

·
Premium Member
3,604 Posts
denisk said:
Those pictures from Barto the other day gave me the itch ;)
Here's what's biting in the Niagara River :lol:

All I see is a GREAT MEAL :p , NICE FISH :)2 ,

In the latter part of last year I started to bleed all fish caught (lake Mich.) by snipping with a pair of poultry shears, & hanging the fish over the side for a few minutes. Seened to make a difference in taste? But it did help in keeping the deck & cooler free from all those bleeders.
Heard & read alot about bleeding & gonna continue to do so. All table fare is always bled at the stock yards prior to packing. Poultry the same. Wild game, a necessary step to drain as much as possible, to drain blood from the meat, if not, the blood is concentrated in the meat. Would stand to reason the same applies to fish.

I just have a section of 12ga. 12' electrical wire fastened to my rod holder base, slip one end through its mouth/gill & let hang in the water for a minute or 2.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts