ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that some people have had luck catching Pike on the Kish. If this is true where have you had luck and what have you used?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have seen them in the Kish. All have been south of DeKalb. Within 3 or 4 miles from the start of the Kish.There are several bridges you can check. (Gurler Rd, Perry Rd )It isn't very wide or deep. If there in there you can see them. I havn't seen them much past the first week in April that far south. I think there spawn is over by then. I have herd of people catching them around Kirkland in the summer. But have never tried.

·
Registered
118 Posts
For what its worth I caught about 7 pike out of the Kish last year. Not one of them were over 19". All hammer handles. I don't really target pike but I catch them by accident fishing for bass. Years ago before the Kish had the major fish kill I got one 32". Out of the 7 last year 2 came from the south branch, 2 from the main branch, and 3 from the north branch. They are all over the Kish but not in big numbers. They sure are fiesty, even in cold water.

G

·
<font color="#00FF00">Last year i had one bite my popper off,and then take off on me. I saw him right next to a tree in a stiil eddy and thats when i threw my popper. This fish couldnt have been more than ten feet away when he bit. I beleive he would have went 36" and it was real fat. But as Paul T. said there arent many of them. If another fisherman caught this fish it would have become tablefare for sure. Kevin Dells</font> :)21

1 - 4 of 4 Posts