ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Premium Member
7,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well here are the pics finally! For some reason when the site resizes the pics, it crops them odd..

Big Saw I think was the first to get on the board with a St. Marys River pink (female)

LK got into the act soon after

I struggled in the morning and couldn't seem to land a fish. I took a lot of crap actually :evil:

At least the motel was nice and accomodating for fishermen. At $49 per night, hard to beat!

The view from the door..

We had a good arrangement. While LK and I cleaned fish, Big Saw fired up the grill and cooked!

Day two led us to this spot

· Premium Member
7,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then!

We then moved to this spot I last fished over 20 yrs ago and it did not disappoint!

By day two, we had them figured out... at least LK and I did.. :-D

· Premium Member
7,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Big Saw finally got the program, he was just a little slow. We finally wound up with the numbers we had came for

Day three had us back at our honey hole and again finding fish.

It took about an hour and a half, but we hammered out another 3 man limit and even threw a few back!

Unfortunately all good things come to an end so we were back on the road heading south, but not before an obligatory stop to baptise Big Saw into the wonderful world of the UP Pastie!

Our last hurdle was getting Big Saw back across the Big Mac.. turns out Bob doesn't care for big bridges much!

· Premium Member
3,599 Posts
Probably one of the better threads of the year.

Put me there, I can just smell the cigar smoke.

· Registered
916 Posts
Nice report.

My wife and I were in the western end (Keweenaw) of the UP a week ago for our honeymoon. The reports for our area were dismal. We wanted to head east to wet a few flies for pinks but found other fun stuff to do instead :)
Were you by chance fishing near marquette or did you stay far east?

Thanks
Manny

· Premium Member
7,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
No Manny, we stayed about as far east as you can go. We wound up south of where we originally thought we would be, but stayed on the east side. All the rivers and streams on that side flow into the St. Marys and you either fish the St. Marys itself, or find a feeder.

· Premium Member
7,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I almost forgot about this quick clip I took trying out my Kodak Playsport camera. It isn't great but it does show me that there are some possibilities of doing some cool things with it in the future. I just need to rig up some sort of mount on an extendable pole to get the camera out into the water easier. Anyway, check it out.

[youtube:2mljsemw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFFTYTACwrg[/youtube:2mljsemw]

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.