ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out at day break started out looking for some gills shallow caught a few.Then got bored went deep to look for specks couldnt locate a one.Then tried a place on a whim cought 1 crap some gills.By now i was thinking should of stayed in bed. After a hour or so went to check for more craps NONE.So after about walking 3 or so miles Bossman and i called it a day.Very dissappointing for maybe last outing who would of thought for late ice.Ice is in real good shape pretty solid all over pistakee.The shore is real bad at oak park but we got on another place and it was fine.Around 1;00 pm a couple friends came and got on at oak park so its not impossible.IF WE DONT get any rain i think one last outing on tuesday bossman was pushing for it before we left.Or maybe he was not thinking clear,too much foot work and no fish will cloud your mind.LOL Will post some pics of ice in a few wife is on main pc im on laptop.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
I tried a local pond today that pretty much always produces something. Forty-four holes drilled and not a bite! 'Wasn't even seeing them on the Vexilar. I made Swiss cheese of that pond and not sure where they were hiding unless they were all laying on the bottom and not moving.

Ice was 4-6" and getting to be of poor quality with a big open water section by a large culvert. That'll be my last ice fishing for the season, at least locally.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes we also used the swiss chez attack also with nothing to show.Next to no blips on the vex its like they just vanished from the whole area they have been for the last 2 wks.STINKS HOPEFULLY TUESDAY BUT ITS NOT LOOKING GOOD JUST WATCHED WEATHER.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts