ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered 100 razor worms & realized that they have no added scent like salt, garlic ect. They are in a plastic bag. I'm thinking of buying some Yum or similar bottle scent & adding it to the bag letting it soak in the scent. Any thoughts as to wether this would be effective. I mistakenly purchased these thinking there was some kind of scent already added. Any thoughts are appreciated! billyk

·
Registered
911 Posts
I’ve already started this same experiment, but the plastics I started out with were scented to begin with. I’ve got a batch of Dingers soaking in a bottle of Yum’s LPT sauce to see if I can boost their performance.

If it works the next idea was to get a bottle of the Gulp Nightcrawler juice and soak unscented plastics in it because according to a book I’m reading right now called Knowing Bass nightcrawler flavor is the most preferred by bass.

·
Registered
275 Posts
i'm sure soaking them would help. i just got some new plastics in the mail yesterday, all the same brand, all labeled salt and garlic, and 4 of the bags stunk to high heaven....but one of them had the awful plastic-y smell like they skipped the salt and garlic machine......i've also notice that BPS brand plastics (at least their floating worms) have the awful plastic smell. i normally try to keep them in my worm binder with some Chompers brand baits which smell like a salty garlic clove.

let us know how the experiment goes.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'd be careful where you put your fingers after hooking those up!

·
Registered
911 Posts
I peeked in on the Dingers last night, they smell to high heaven and have an almost esox like layer of slime on them. These should work out nicely. If I can get out this weekend I'm going to deadstick some and suspend others under a slipfloat and see if all that deeeeelicious scent can't put me on some fishies.

I'm bringing a dip bait glove with me to rig them though..... ;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cluricaun said:
I peeked in on the Dingers last night, they smell to high heaven and have an almost esox like layer of slime on them. These should work out nicely. If I can get out this weekend I'm going to deadstick some and suspend others under a slipfloat and see if all that deeeeelicious scent can't put me on some fishies.

I'm bringing a dip bait glove with me to rig them though..... ;)
Just wondering if the scent stays on them in the water or does it wash off right away since it's not "baked" into the bait while it is manufactured. billyk

·
Registered
911 Posts
Well since Dingers are already formulated with LPT in them I figured soaking them in additional LPT can't hurt, and while some of the excess will surely wash away at the very least I'll still have what they came with.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cluricaun said:
Well since Dingers are already formulated with LPT in them I figured soaking them in additional LPT can't hurt, and while some of the excess will surely wash away at the very least I'll still have what they came with.
Yeah- unfortunatly mine came unscented & i'm wondering how long it will stay with the bait while in the water. Not much I can do so it's worth a try. Gonna order Gulp razor's next time! billyk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts