ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please help thinking of going to Andy Meyers. Couple of questions about Meyers we usually go to Lac Suel can you tell me the differences between the two. Also Meyers is offering a flyout can anyone shed some light on their flyouts..are they any good? which one would you go to? should we go for walleye or pike or smallies on the flyouts??? Any other info you can give us on Andy Meyers we would appreciated..thanks in advance...also what about the RV trip they offer is it any good whats the fishing like and for what kind of fish...thnx again musky58

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
Re: anything else

musky58 said:
of course I can go to their site but I was hoping for a more unbiase opinion..thanks
musky58: I was at Andy's about 3 years ago. I also went to Stanley West Arm resort 2 years ago. We had a fly in from Andy's. I forgot the name of the lake, but it was hot and we didn't get any big fish. They also took us to Edison lake which is not to far from Camp. We had a guide named Clem. He was good. We had a field day for good size Walleyes. That lake you have to use barbless hooks. If you think you might go to that lake, crimp the hooks on some of your favorite lures, while you are at home. It is a small lake, but it has a good potential. Andy's also has a trip where they take 2 trucks on some desolate roads. I didn't go on that one, but a couple of guys told me it was quite a bouncy ride. They caught some good northern on that trip. Since they mentioned that it was a rough ride, I wanted no part of the bouncing around. Another good like that is close to Andys and he has boats on is Corner lake. It is an easy lake to manuver on and there are some good Northerns and Musky there. It is also only about 10 miles from Andy's.
When we were at Stanley's West arm resort we had a fly in to a lake called Kekewah where there are a lot of Muskies about 30 inches long. It is strictly catch and release and he has the only permit for putting a boat there. My son and I and the Guide caught 30 muskies that day. The guide told us just to use spinning tackle and a #5 Mepps gold spinner. The resort is near Vermilon Bay. The trip cost 360 bucks for both of us and it included the guide. At first we were hesitiant about going account of the cost, but later we agreed that it was well worth it. I don't know your situation but even though you are staying at Andy's it is possible that Stanley would take you on that trip. He has a web site, so in case your interested check it out and you could ask him about that. HE has his own plane stationed at the resort.

·
Registered
823 Posts
the West Arm is my favorite part of the lake, although fishing it before dusk can be difficult due to the water clarity...But an hour before sundown or less, better hang on to that Rod tight!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Here's a tip for you. Lodges started offering fly out trips when guests started having a difficult time catching decent fish on the main lake.
How well you do on the fly-outs depends on the time of year you'll be going and how good a fisherman you are. Since you will spend and extra $180 to $250 per person per day on the fly outs, without a guide, I'd choose a trip during prime time to lessen the chances of a less than great trip.
June is prime time for every species. By August, fish will be deeper and harder to catch.
Eagle Lake has been fished hard by a lot of people over the years. Good fishermen still can do well, but if you are inexperienced, and there during a bad time of year, it can be very tough.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
andy liar's??

andy liar's?? when i do a search in this site somebody talked about AML being called Andy Liar's....is this jealousy or there something there that i should know about before going up there...thnx musky58

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
Andy's vs. Stanley's west arm

If you need a guide and or want to have a difersified trip then Andy's is the place to go. If you are experienced and you can find your own places then I would suggest Stanleys. Both are good resorts. Stanley's is easier to move around without getting lost. At Andy's Steve takes care of all your different trips. Both of the resorts have fly in trips.

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
Polarize sun glasses

Musky58: You probably know about this but just as a reminder, get yourself some polarize glasses. You can readily see musky follows to the boat when they are about 2 ft under the surface. Without the glasses you will not see them account of the glare on the water.

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
musky58,
Try sending augman69 a pm. He has fished the area in the past and I am sure he would share his knowledge with you.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I know I said this on another post, but in a year like this year, when they still have 24" of ice pushing May 1st, this is NOT a year I would want to be making a June trip for Muskies. Big fish didn't start really moving last year until the second week of July, and that was with a real warm spring. I'm already thankful I pushed my trip back to July 19th, they should be nice and ready on the rocks by then

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my trip july 7-11th

my trip july 7-11th, what do you guys think??? to early due to ice?? we like muskies, smallies on top if possible, northern, and walleye for shore lunch and then only biggies....I had 53" on lac seul but could not get in same date due to son's football..what do you guys think of those dates..also should we plan on flyout and or RV trip that time of year...53" double cow black and orange beautiful fish....thnx musky58

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The camp is a great resource and worth the money to teach you and do the best they can to put you on fish. Your timing is like any other trip, you never know? Hell your in Canada on Eagle lake you can't go wrong. Go to there web site and talk to Herbie(Steve) and he'll get you in the right direction for sure!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
augman

we have talked with herbie at length....but we still haven't met a owner that doesn't say the fishing "always is great" anyway have you done the RV or flyouts which lakes ,do you have any names...thnx musky58

·
Registered
823 Posts
they take you to Ord in their vehicle while towing one of their boats...

I have personally fished the lake while staying at another camp, i was unguided the entire day. You couldn't go 5 minutes without catching a walleye, pike were evrywhere as well.

You can expect to catch a ton of fish, have a great time, and be on a lake practically to yourself

oh...and there's big muskies in there too

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.