ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dear Subscribers 8:)

Under any of your posts you can click on profile.
Not the profile link at the top of each page where you can edit your profile.
The one under any of your posts.

The page you are brought to includes a line that says:
Subscription expiration date:
That is followed by a date.

We query the database each month for any subscriptions that are going to expire during the month.
A notice is sent out to the username of any subscriber whose subscription is going to expire.

The problem is that we deal with computers, databases, and (good lord) people.
All are prone to have glitches. :oops:
We really do try to send out a notice and even give time past the expiration date for people to read their PM's and so on.
No problem with that.
BUT
If for some reason the query didn't pull up your username, you haven't read your PM's, don't get the email notification that you have a PM waiting, or whatever it may be, the subscription lapses.
It could also be that at the turn of the year I forgot to change from 2008 to 2009 (I'm doing good now) on the expiration date.

Now some people just don't resubscribe, and that's their choice.
But before UNsubscribing someone, especially a 2-3-4-5-6 year or more subscriber I really have to wonder.
I don't want to be nosey or whatever and send another PM, or dig into their profile and try emailing them, because if they choose not to renew their subscription it's their business.

So please, try to keep track of when your subscription expires and I'll keep doing my best to make sure reminders get sent out.

Danka

·
Registered
220 Posts
If someone wanted to pay for say,,, 5yrs, would they be able to pay in adavance? Was wondering............ cause I am one of the forgetfull type :roll: good fishin............

·
Premium Member
3,604 Posts
Will Do :)2

Not to change the subject, still under the profile thing.

There are alot of WACKO's :)33 out there, & can understand being somewhat selective in posting INFORMATION under profile........

Why are there so many that DO NOT enter anything under profile? Like its such a deep dark secret?

O.K. so you don't post your address, o.k.. Then why not a geographical location like I have in mine, LAKE COUNTY, Ill..

ETC.ETC. JUST WONDERING?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think it probably adds to the feeling of anonymity they get from participating in an internet forum in the first place. Some people I'm sure arent even aware those things really exist because they havent looked enough into their profile to care, they just want to grab information and lurk. There are probably a million different reasons out there...but this has always made me laugh because any moderator or admin can see their posting IP address and trace it back to a city with ease.

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fishin2day222 said:
If someone wanted to pay for say,,, 5yrs, would they be able to pay in adavance? Was wondering............ cause I am one of the forgetfull type :roll: good fishin............
Yes, you can, and we just put in the appropriate date (year)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nonpoint,
Such a too the point post, from a subsciber named Nonpoint from three towns. By the way, /monkeys tried tracking your IP, I lost it somewere in India. /monkeys

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
This new format is going to take some getting used to. Not saying it's bad, just recognizing it's different. You no us old fogies, we automatically hate change. Ed, for what ever reason, the column on the left was not showing up. After I pm'd you and came back to the forum it was there along with the link to subscribe but the link to my profile as described above still gives me the "url not found" error

·
Registered
472 Posts
Maybe it's me, But I don't see a profile link under my post's. Is it only there when your subscription is due?

How about spell check? can find that either

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Some things are different and we will probably end up going with a different style.
We're just happy that CLF is back up right now.
As long as our host had a machine go down on them (ours) we decided to upgrade everything.
Thanks to The Little King and the hours he put in we are back.
Now it's my turn to get everything in order as far as appearence and getting banners back up.
So for now hopefully everyonehas an idea of when they subscribed and renews.
Getting everything straightened out will be eating all my time.

Yes the left side was there and one wrong move and it goes away. :evil:

In the meantime you can use the following page for renewing:
http://www.chicagolandfishing.com/support.htm

·
Registered
472 Posts
Thank you Ed, the little king, and anyone else
For getting this up and running again

1 - 14 of 14 Posts