ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished a local pond from shore this afternoon for an hour and a half. Caught quite a few 12-14" bass. All were in the top 1 foot or so of the water column, pretty far out from shore (still over the deeper water). All fish came on a Slurpies Swimbait, which I kept up high with a slow steady retreive. I had to fling it out as far as I could, and the hits came almost immediately.

No pics today, as nothing big enough to photo. But the action was quite steady all along the northern shoreline.

Good fishing!

D

·
Registered
356 Posts
What? No prowler action? BOOOOO! :lol:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry man, only had 90 minutes. ;) Would have spent half that just launching and "un-launching".

Reasonably certain that if I had the prowler, there would have been some more weight, and a pic or 2..... :cry:

G

·
How did the water look? With all this wind, I'd imagine that the water is pretty mucked up.

Glad to see one of us got out and enjoyed the weather today.... :-?

Hoping to see if there's a topwater bite going yet at that place up north. :-D

·
Registered
356 Posts
Fishstalker25 said:
??? Prowler ???
Prowler = Pond prowler. Its a small boat you can get from BPS. He owns one and I was looking into getting one. I was just giving him a hard time.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ejsusmc said:
How did the water look? With all this wind, I'd imagine that the water is pretty mucked up.
Pretty murky. There was a decent breeze coming out of the SW also, continuing the churning of the water.

Once i figured out that my best bet was to fish the top foot of water, I was practically drooling to get out the secret weapon: Manns Minus -1. Yes! Only, one slight problem. Not in the shore fishing tackle box...NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :x Let's just say that that mistake has since been corrected!

If it weren't so windy, I think I could have got them going on the Senko, but too much current. So I stuck with the heavy swimbait. Really only getting about 10 feet or so of effective strike zone coverage, as I could only cast it about that much past the shallow shelf in most places. Definately needed the prowler... :cry:

There might be a possibility for topwater now at Area 51 or Area 52, and certainly is now at Area 53 (where we used to shore fish, but no longer go there :cry: ) Water probably warmed up 4 or 5 degrees today alone. Hopefully we keep this trend going, and you'll be catching them on top water by next weekend!

G

·
There's also that "lake" across the train tracks that should start going good with the old huntin' dawg soon too. I need to get you out there with me on the prowler. There are 2 mid-lake humps that are unreachable to shore fishing.... should be like taking candy from a baby.

You'll get a report if I find anything worth tag-teaming bud. <- meaning:

When I get out this weekend and can't catch a bass to save my life I'll call you and tell you I killed them. :oops: Then, I'll take you out there with me, thinking you'll get skunked too, only to watch you school me again.... :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you put a boat in there (area 54)? Not so sure about that. And, you can PM me with this, how do you know there are two main lake humps? You got some secret map source? :p

You'll get a report if I find anything worth tag-teaming bud. <- meaning:
When I get out this weekend and can't catch a bass to save my life I'll call you and tell you I killed them. Then, I'll take you out there with me, thinking you'll get skunked too, only to watch you school me again.... :cry:
I can't take this pressure anymore. I am purposely going to tank our next outing, so you can tear me up, and get it over with!!!!! ;) NOT! :p :p :p

The offer for Sunday AM still stands! 7AM-11AM. Area 51 prowler time!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts