ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished local cemetery pond, I caught 2 small bass around 26 inches each.....Just kidding about 12 inches each on Bandit 100 series crankbait in splatterback color(looks like they threw grey paint on lure).I believe Bass think its a crappie.I had to clean lure almost every cast.I also flipped hula grub with no weight around fallen trees with the hook buried inside grub.This worked well with the moss because of the slow rate of fall.I need your opinions on what baits to use in light moss pond and heavily mossed ponds.I would like to see many ideas here.Thanks,Roy

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I fish some local ponds that get almost entirely covered with the moss in the summer.
The best bet on these is a slug-go or Bass assasin with no weight cast out and ripped across the top of the muck. It's feast or famine with this method, but when it's good....it's out of this world. :)23

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try a weedless crawdad, but be ready for a hit. Bass often bite down on a crayfish to kill it, not consume. The crayfish will eat the bass eggs.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i think that Angler101 and jaytheno1 can mind their business. i am 15

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: greg086 on 2002-04-12 22:21 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: greg086 on 2002-04-12 22:39 ]</font>

·
Registered
252 Posts
ok your cool

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: greg086 on 2002-04-12 22:38 ]</font>

G

·
Hey greg, I'm glad you can see my point. I'm done busting your chops. Let me take you fishing some time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Marc on 2002-04-13 07:35 ]</font>

G

·
hey BUTTMUNCH...OPPS I mean angler.. :)23 :)23
Shame on you for picking on a kid... :)26 :)26

So when we going to hook up & drown some gil's for those monster flat's???

G

·
On 2002-04-13 14:15, Deer Slayer wrote:
hey BUTTMUNCH...OPPS I mean angler.. :)23 :)23
Shame on you for picking on a kid... :)26 :)26

So when we going to hook up & drown some gil's for those monster flat's???

Do you ever get a chance during the week, or are you a Mon thru Friday guy ???

G

·
On 2002-04-14 11:26, Deer Slayer wrote:
For now,Yes I do fish during the week.....
Let me know when you want to go. Give me a few days notice, and I will not schedule any jobs for that perticular day.(I ment PARTICULAR ding-dong)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Angler101 on 2002-04-15 18:53 ]</font>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts