ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to hate E-mail. I will no longer post locations or areas of smallies caught ten days prior to any Chicagoland Bass Tournament event. I would like to apologize to any teams of the CBT for information given out on my last post. Thanks for the kind words.

Edward D. Bohn
"Go early, Stay later, Be safe."

G

·
"Just me thinking out loud"
There are no secret Smallie spots on the Lake (well...maybe 1?) everywhere I've every fished I've seen other Bass busters fishing at some time or another.

Just because your in a spot that holds lots of fish that don't necessarily mean YOU are going to catch them! You have to know WHAT to throw, & HOW to work it, as well as the WHERE!

Great spots do not make GREAT FISHERMAN, hard word does!

Even if you have a GREAT DAY fishing one spot how do you know it wouldn't have been even better at a different location if you don't fish it??

Funny how smallies can be in one spot and going crazy one day and then you go back the very next day & you can't find a single fish!!

Ever notice that some guys like to start making excuses BEFORE they they've failed??...I guess it saves them time!?

G

·
ed,
we need your reports for the south end of lake michigan, we don't get very many. you and perchman can't let the idiots bring you down.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
That's a tough call, Ed. If I had seen our tournament director posting those kinds of reports before our Braidwood tournaments, I would have been pissed, but this is Lake Michigan we're talking about here (not to mention Lake Calumet and the Cal river). The only question that comes to mind is whether the person in charge of a major tourney club should be posting reports at ANY time in a public forum. I think you and your members need to talk, but that's me looking in from the outside. Like I said...sounds like a tough call to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Glad to have you and your posts back Ed.It must have been a long year with your messed up back. I hope you have luck like that all year long.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ed, You invested a great deal of time on the water and learned this fishery up and down.I would not give up your spots, but only the "How,what and how many".

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My reasons for not post locations or areas is not because of the e-mails I received, but for the hard work some teams of the CBT do pre-fishing for one of our events. These guys and gals put the time on the water scouting for a game plan come tournament day. Its not fair to them for me to reveal information to those who opted to stay home instead of doing the homework. I like posting my results to help encourage you all to become better anglers and learn what I have with this great fishery. Good Luck to All the CBT teams this coming Sunday.

EDB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts