ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went out this weekend to get the dust and cobwebs off the powerline gear at Montrose. Went two for five on Saturday and 1 for 1 on Sunday. Caught two cohos( 1lb and 2lbs) on Saturday- one on a night crawler and one on a tinsel jig with a shad strip. Two hits resulted in stolen baits. One hit connected, but the leader parted due to nicked line. The fish landed the following day was a 3.5lb brown on a nightcrawler. Other guys were doing equally well-now is the time for the rubber banders to do some catching! I have pics, but have to figure out how to reduce the size for posting as they run 2.7 to 3.3 MB's. The invite still stands for those interested in learning how to powerline fish. Haven't decided where to go this coming weekend, but drop me a note if you wish to observe/participate. Here's the first coho-

Coho # two

Brownie

[/img]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Small World!!!

So I wake up Saturday and decide to grab the dog and the girlfriend for a walk out at Montrose since I'd never walked the pier. As we're headed out to the end of the pier I see a guy holding up a flopping coho trying to take a picture with his other hand and I ask. "Hey buddy want me to take a picture?" Westwind declined but it looks like he didn't need the help.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i was out on montrose thursday some guy was powerlining but didnt see much action , i was fishing the pier and no action that sukz hey im intrested in learning something different when do you usually go ? Let me know or pm me thanks nice fish

1 - 3 of 3 Posts