ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
aquapup and i hit up one of our local favorites and fished from 11 pm monday night untill 9 am on tuesday morning. all fish came from the same rocky current break. Rogues were the bait of choice. we threw them towards the fast current and lightly twiched them back to calmer water. the rocks claimed quite a few baits but if you were not hitting the rocks, you were not catching fish. biggest was 30 inches. most were measured but not weighed before release. most were dropping eggs and a few looked done. cant wait to get home to smell my garage! :x didnt keep track of how many were caught but we did release a good amount of 20-25 inch eyes without taking a picture. bite did get hot and slow down for a bit but overall the fishing was fantastic. here are the pics.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
you two always have them eyes dailed in! It doesn't look like your hand smells too good in a couple of those shots.

G

·
That's about the best report I've seen regarding IL eyes........ EVER from any site, hands down. Didn't need location, you gave me tackle, technique, structure, times, date, pictures....... Just amazing, thank you for taking the time to help us all out.

I'm headed up to Wisc. for the weekend, and if I can get just one fish half as nice as one of those sows, I'd be thrilled!

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
You guys have some great reports but then again, you're willing to be out there when it's good for walleyes.
Wanting to catch walleyes but only during the day and you'll get what you get.
Kudos to you guys for staying out there to get the good bite :)2

·
Premium Member
3,604 Posts
:)2

Nice, this post belongs in OUTDOOR LIFE

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks gents. we got another eye trip planned for the weekend of the 18th. this time we will be fishing all weekend instead of just one night. hopefully the weather will be coorperative. we'll post the results after the trip.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Wow :)2

Nice to see numbers of fish like that caught locally. Ok, you guys know its coming, I'll be the first.........

........What river were you fishin??? :lol:

Just kiddin' guys keep up the good work!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
easy lb12. i would still like to be able to fish there. you can come with next time. just make sure your buddy with the receipt stapled to his bib stays at home. for some reason, i just dont trust him. 8:)

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Yes, possibly a photoshop job to hide the background of the bodies floating down the Chicago River. Upon closer inspection though, I am 99.9% sure they were fishing at Tampier ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts