ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone seen this video of a U.S serviceman throwing a puppy of a cliff.Assuming it is legit that is one sick F%#@.If you are a dog lover you will hate it when you see it.To bad he sets such a bad example for all of us.I saw it on you tube but heard about it on the news first.I think the worst video I have seen on the net :)3

·
Registered
744 Posts
I DO NOT agree with the video. I AM NOT saying anything good about what happened. BUT, these are young men put into very MENTALLY DRAINING circumstances and that may have contributed to this horrendous act. walk a mile in his shoes.........................

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
BIGBADDAD said:
I DO NOT agree with the video. I AM NOT saying anything good about what happened. BUT, these are young men put into very MENTALLY DRAINING circumstances and that may have contributed to this horrendous act. walk a mile in his shoes.........................
WTF? What kind of excuse-making garbage are we approaching?? I don't need to walk a mile in anyone's shoes to know that throwing a puppy off a cliff is cruel and sadistic. If this is your line of logic, there are a lot of murderers who'd love to get you on their jury!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I agree with BBDad. I found the original uncut video. It is disturbing and I condemn the act. But I also have a couple of friends who served over there, who lost soldiers in their divisions, who witnessed the aftermath of IEDs. How can you not change the way you feel and act after going through that?
Now, of course, don't bring up how many Asian countries view dogs.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
While that article tries to justify this from an Iraqi type perspective, our troops are from the US last time I checked. Since there is an infestation of dogs it makes it ok to throw a puppy off of a cliff? This is sadistic behavior and should be dealt with accordingly - dog lover or not. People that abuse animals in such an abhorrent manner would be inclined to do other inappropriate things upon their return to the states. There are just as many feral dogs running around the US and, last time I checked, it is illegal here to abuse animals let alone throw one off of a cliff and video tape it. Sickening.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
I did not condone the situation,just some insight...combat is sickening...war is sadistic...You are in a situation to protect people who hate you,fighting people who hate you and you cannot tell the difference between the two.Heck,even some people in your own country hate you for being there,You fear men,you fear women,you fear children...It is sad yes,but a mindset.....not something you can learn about by reading an article or a post in a forum.It is not something that you get over when/IF you return stateside.But we must abide by the geneva convention and dogooders back home.Walk a mile....

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Hunden,

I commented on the article not you. You can have your opinion on it as can I have mine. I think it's sick no matter who's shoes have been walked in. Different people have seen different things in life. I'm just saying it's not right to take it out like that, under any circumstances.

Neil

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Neil,we both can have our opinions,agreed..for what its worth=
If the video is authentic, the Marines involved could face judicial charges, a reduction in rank and pay and a court-martial. They could also be discharged

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I just watched it again..I doubt that's Hawaii. Two smiling idiots who thought it was funny. Whomever said sick F%$CKS was right. They should be dishonorably discharged for that offense.

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Uh-oh, here comes P&E*T!A...

A cuddly puppy tossed off a cliff sounds mean.
I don't disagree.
If we're going to get into this stuff be prepared for someone to think that luring an innocent mouse cheese to a device that's going to snap it's neck (maybe) or trap it so it's struggling for it's life.

Since we don't know for sure where the video took place I'll reserve judgement.
There's too many variables.
In Hawaii they practised for trips to the moon due to some places with similar landscape.
I'm not saying that's where the video was shot but who knows?
Just because they're in military uniforms means nothing either.
I could have bought any kind of uniform I wanted at Ft. Drum in New York last weekend.
INCLUDING medals to hang on my official uniform.
It's certainly possible that the 2 guys aren't even in the military.

Before we get all hot under the collar, remember, it's a video on the internet.
One thing we know for sure though, if it's real, it's sick to video tape such a thing.
If it's not real it's sick to make a tape portraying such a thing.

If it's the fact that it's an animal, not that it's a puppy, I'm sure there's a video out there of a mouse getting whacked in a mouse trap too that will get some upset.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
This "walk a mile" crap is very disturbing. This rationale suggest that people cannot judge others's attitudes and behavior unless they've lived out their live's experiences. This idea if flat out garbage and an insult to those who think! In many walks of life people love to hide by this weak and shallow excuse. In this case, since we are not soldiers and have never seen war violence we are not supposed to judge the soldiers' behaviors. That's pure lunacy! The only explanation for someone throwing a puppy off a cliff is evil and to use combat experience as an excuse is disgusting. That's my opinion!

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
IF in fact they really did, and they were actually soldiers.

I didn't see a response to whether you would feel the same if it were a mouse or rat.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Mouse trap [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw-cHFhKU7c"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw-cHFhKU7c[/ame] It is what it says.......

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
BIGBADDAD said:
Mouse trap http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw-cHFhKU7c It is what it says.......

**Cuts the IRONY with a knife**

not that I condone the actions of the ass in the puppy vid, but its really not a national newstory when I catch a mouse like in the vid posted by my new hero BIGBADDAD.

oooo...but a mouse is a furry little thing with those ears and that little nose....and that tail....EEEWWW! Of course we kill those.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I didn't see a response to whether you would feel the same if it were a mouse or rat
Mice and rats don't fetch my paper or my slippers, this is some sick crap. I think maybe they walked a mile in Dahmers shoes?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.