ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple question about fish and access to the Illinois river. First of all, I would like to know when the white bass run starts where can I catch them on the river? I lived in Chicago and know I can catch them below starved rock dam and peru. I would like to know if I can find them in place like Morris, Seneca, Marseilles? Starved rock is good place, but with today's gas price I would like to find closer place and save some $.

Second, I am limited to shore fishing only, last year I went to Lasalle and they closed the access to the river and a sign there saids "state properties
,no trespass". I also remember I read a post here which saids they closed the access to the marseilles dam area for shore fishing. I was wondering if anybody know these area are still remain closed to shore fishing? Can anybody tell me where I can go shore fishing for the white bass on the Illinois river? Thankyou for your help.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I don't know much about Morris, and Seneca, but there's plenty of bank fishing in the SR pool. Water street in Peru is usually good fishing it's a half mile bank thats all fishable, across the river around the Peru boat lauch there is always alot of people bank fishing. Obviously there's good bank access on both sides of the river around SR. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
77 Posts
TRY THE VERMILLION RIVER EASY TO GET TO AND I HAVE DONE WELL IN THE PAST FROM SHORE NOT ALOT OF POEPLE BUT THERE ARE SOME BOATS TO DEAL WITH

·
Registered
124 Posts
Marseilles shore fishing is not closed yet. It has just shrunk considerably, and will get smaller if people keep leaving garbage and breaking the law.
Boat access is good from ottawa and depending on the boat you can travel to marseilles, but be careful, once the river splits the shallow side (dam) can range from 0-7 feet deep and almost look the same.
There is good access to the fox and illinios from allen park in ottawa.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
12lb, how do I get to the Vermillion river for shore fishing? Can you give me some directions? You can PM me if you like, thank you.

basscatsncarp, I read your post about the people leaving trash and breaking the law in the area. It is sad to see a good shore fishing area closed just because a few bad apples visited there. I usually went to lasalle and shore fishing there. Last year I went there in and the place was a big mess. You can see car parts, niddles, half burned wood pallets, broken glass bottles and bait containers everwhere. I guess that is why they close it. :-? The second time I went there and the place was closed. Lost a good shore fishing spot forever. I hope people can learn from this and please pick up your mess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts