ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buy a new shotgun hopefully before dove season. I am looking at the benelli nova. Do any of you shoot a nova? I primarily hunt dove, pheasant, quail, and waterfowl. Right now it is a toss up between the benelli and a 870. I would love to hear some opinions on this if any of you have shot both guns. Also, I am looking for a new goose call. What are your favorites?

G

·
The rates for question's are as followed..
Question's are $1.00 each
Question's with answer's are $2.00 each
Question's with correct answer's are $3.00 each

Dumb looks are still free...:smile:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hey Iam a winchester shot gun fan there made now by browing as far as a goose call spend the money and get a straight meat migrator by Jeff Foiles or any short reed by Tim Grounds you will not be dissapointed

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
I have 3 870's in my safe and love them all. I looked at a Nova and think it would be a fine choice too. Both companies make fine guns, the choice lies with your personal prefernces. If you like the traditional look of a walnut stock, go with the 870. If you want more of a utilitarian gun, go with the Nova. The only item that I had reservations with on the Nova was the intregral stock/reciever construction. I've never heard of anyone with a problem as of yet, but with the 870, if you have a stock problem, you can replace it without affecting the rest of the gun. If you are looking strictly at a pump, don't forget the Mossberg model 500 or the ulti-mag. While both are very plain, no frills guns, they are built like tanks and will take a beating. I've had 500's that were great guns, plus there is a ton of aftermarket items for them. The ulti-mag will shoot 3 1/2" shells and is fairly inexpensive. If you're going to do mostly waterfowl hunting, you might consider it as an option also. You won't go wrong with any of those choices, so good luck!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm with tubes on the mossbergs. I have a 20 ga 500 and the 12 ga 835 mag. Oh yeah I also havr the 410 pump 500. All are awsome guns. Even for deer hunting with a rifled barrel on my 835 I took down a nice tall 8pt at 116 yards. They are truly nice guns at a really nice price. Till later

1 - 5 of 5 Posts