ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone inform me of any lakes near Peoria that have good shore fishing areas? I am at school in Peoria and don't know of too many lakes in the area. I really want to get out, but i need to find a lake with bank fishing. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

·
Registered
808 Posts
You might want to try either Powerton over by Pekin or perhaps Spring Lake for decent shore fishing. At Powerton shore fisherman can walk down and fish right at the warm water discharge area which is pretty good early in the season.(is a pretty good hike though)Spring Lake has quite a bit of shore access and warms early in the spring due to it's shallow depth. Also if you would prefer smaller lakes or strip mine style lakes, try Banner Marsh, it has a number of smaller "walk in" lakes that can have some pretty nice fish. Finally, you could try the new area that just opened up west of Peoria out at Wildlife Prairie Park. I believe it costs $5 a day to get in though.

·
Registered
592 Posts
No question about it...Powerton near Pekin...There are some guys from the smallmouth alliance that darn near live out there...They do real well some days. That lake has a tendancy to have off days, so if you don't catch anything on your first few trips, don't quit. Small black and brown plastics worked well there if I remember correctly! Also, if you're into flowing water I think the Mackinaw isn't too far from there...good smallies. good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts