ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo.....after a morning(the seasons first) of hauling in a bunch of huge
fish ;) I find myself the owner of a damaged Retriever.

The shoulder of the "pinch" roller housed in the trigger assembly has some pieces broken off. So the trigger is not operating smoothly.
Lost the trigger pad too!!

I checked with the AMS website and they want $11 to ship a $7 part. :)3
As far as I can tell, I have to replace entire trigger assembly.

Any other options??

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Ive got a couple older style ones you can take some parts off Scott. But call up Jeff from AMS and let him know what happened and the age of the reel, Im sure they will send you new parts, especially as it is only a year old.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I guess I look at things a bit differently, I found AMS support of these reels to be great, and the factory is willing to help the little guy and send a part to you that costs only a couple of bucks. I think that's pretty good service in this day and age.

A while ago I leaned my crossbow up against the garage, and it fell over on the concrete driveway. In doing so it broke the black plastic piece that holds the bottle on. I was very disappointed that a dumb move on my part had broken a $5 (or so) part making a $75 reel nonfunctional. I even tried gluing it back together but it wouldn't hold.

I was very impressed with the customer support on these reels. A couple days after a quick call to the manufacturer I had the replacement part (I bought 2 just in case) for a fraction of the price of the cost of a new reel (including shipping).

The design of these reels is ingeniously simple and I was able to make the repair myself.

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Yea....Jeff and Cindy are great people and really care about the sport of bowfishing. They gave us well over $1000 worth of equipt. for our shoots prize tables including half a dozen reels and a bow. Just give them a call Scott, your part will be in your hands in a mater of days, and you can use the ones I have also if you need one for the shoot.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks...I'll call them first thing in the morning

Ejoe--are your spares left-handed?
the trigger is either/or

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
scott k said:
Thanks...I'll call them first thing in the morning

Ejoe--are your spares left-handed?
the trigger is either/or
I forgot you have that lefty thing going......well, if any of the right handed parts work for you your welcome to them!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ejoe said:
Yea....Jeff and Cindy are great people and really care about the sport of bowfishing. They gave us well over $1000 worth of equipt. for our shoots prize tables including half a dozen reels and a bow. Just give them a call Scott, your part will be in your hands in a mater of days, and you can use the ones I have also if you need one for the shoot.
I'll second that :)2
called this morning and part is on its way--free of charge :)6 :)6
should be good to go by Saturday

1 - 7 of 7 Posts