ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out this week for my first trip of the year. Floated some fatheads and fished 3 spots below Wilmington, Forked creek/train trestle area, the trestle near I-55 and the Prairie creek mouth area. Slack areas with a current break had fish. Water is normal level and normal clear with temps around 38 or so. 6 walleyes 14"-16" in about 4hrs of fishing. Not too bad for first time out. Talked to someone who said that walleyes were being caught at the Wilmington and Kanlakee dam. Maybe some type of run going on.

Good luck.

Stonecat

·
Registered
259 Posts
I drove thru the North Island park today but the South island is still closed for cleanup.
I personally rather fish North island anyway I think it gets less pressure.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I just got home from catching um. The females are startng to bite.
River is 44 degrees it's up quite a bit, the funny thing is we caught 5 ( lost 4 or5) within 10 feet of the shore which would be right where the normal river edge would be, it seemed like they loved the the small drop right there. Yesterday a friend CPR a 6.5 lb female and tonight lost one at the shore that would of came close. Chartreuse twister tail with and without a minnow. Get out there and fish... seems like they turn on when the sun gets to tree top level. :)2

Good Luck,
Tim

·
Registered
50 Posts
I live in coal city and was just wondering a few things. I have fished the Kankakee before but only right by the dam. are there any other good areas to fish the river in Wilmington

1 - 7 of 7 Posts