ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday we took a little ride to a River, within 90 minutes of Chicago, to test a spot near the Mouth of a River .On the way we stopped at a "back-up" spot to throw some bricks, to start a hole up for later, if needed. This spot we are going to will be good when the 12 inches of ice breaks and will have everything from Cohos to Whitefish, Steelhead, and many more species. I am waiting for the Rain and warm weather coming this week, to blow out the bottle-neck area near the mouth. Extra water from melting causes the ice to very quickly start opening an area that attracts the fish to feed. I opened the bellies of the 5 cohos I caught Sunday, full of little, white worms (Waxies). The ice was 12 inches thick by the mouth where we catch many fish every Spring. One hour soaking Skein, no bites, we left. The bricks we threw earlier opened a 5 by 17 foot hole in 2 hours. 2 of us caught 10 Cohos in 30 minutes and went home. I used a bobber and Skein, my buddy used Butter Worms and bobber. Near the mouth when it blows out I use a pyramid weight rigged slip with Skein or Butter worm, Casting a Whistler jig and Crawler for Walleyes, Browns, Pike, Cohos, Steelhead, while soaking my other 2 rods Check my video fishing reports weekly on my site.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I drove back after my last post to my Stream to a location near the mouth where a log is and the current always pushes up an open water area every Winter. The Birds also help keep it open. 8 casts with a bobber, split shot 10 inches above my hook, with an egg knot with Skein. 4 Cohos around 16 inches, and 1 Nice Steelie! Thursday head towards your favorite River Mouth Guys! It will blow out and pull fish in!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts