ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an update on the Rock River in the Rockton / Roscoe area. The river is very high and with fast current and out of it's banks in many areas along this stretch. I just took a ride by the Riverview Park/Boat launch in Roscoe and the road going into the park is closed as the entire parking area and boat launch area is under water. This winters heavy snow melt got it going and now the rain the last few days really has it up.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I heard that the other day. There was a club tournament postponed til next week due to flooding. Channel must be like 12 feet or better now.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rock in Prophetstown

I was out at my weekend house this Saturday. The state park is under water, I couldn't even get to the creek. The wing dam that protects the boat ramp is completely covered. Being the die hard that I am I had to wet a line anyway. I was rewarded with a nice 12" smallie on the very first cast. Can't wait for the water to go down.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just another update on the ROCK. Still the same situation. Very high and fast with flooded shorelines throughout the whole Rockton/Roscoe stretch.
Boat Launch and park at Roscoe still closed. Rockton Launch open but flooded and no rigs in the parking lot today. Drove to the old cemetary in Rockton that overlooks the dam area and that water was way high and just whipping by. VERY DANGEROUS area right now. Area below the Rockton dam where people usually fish appeared completely flooded out and unfishable. I'm not a "seasoned" Rock River boater but there's NO WAY I would launch and fish it the way it is now. I think most of the "regulars" are waiting for it to get back to normal too. Tons of water still coming out of Wisconsin. This could go on for a while the way it looks. It's funny, but by July or August it will probably be so low you'll be tearing up props again and getting stuck on rock bars. 8:)

·
Registered
882 Posts
I drove by the Rock in Fort Atkinson, WI last weekend. Very high up there, seemed like it was out of its banks everywhere. Didn't stop guys from shorefishing it....saw lots of guys out.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Couple of pictures of the flooding. These photos are about a month or so old .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts