ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

41 - 60 of 514 Posts
G

·
Congratulations to the winners. Hope you have a great trip. I'd like to see pictures of some big eyes not the bait I saw last year. :p :p

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Excellent work. Should be a blast. Hopefully the feesh will cooperate. Just remember:

1.) Dreell your holes in the daylight.
2.) Walleye bite from 5 to 9pm.

·
Premium Member
11,485 Posts
There was a drawing? Hey good luck and hopefully the mudflats won't be the place to be this year....Bring back some eelpout filets for the derby.

River thinks I need to stay home till she's 6 mos old
but she will get broke in on the ice before that.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
congrats Guys,
As of today I am still a no go but I am working on it.
If John offers to move you after day one if the fish aren't biting, Head em up and move em out.
Rember the saying, Better to high than to low and to fast than to slow.
Good Luck guys and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will making the run.

Smelt

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Two-Truck said:
So much for Fishhead and me spliting one. :lol:
Congrats guys. I'm still in, Ed what info do you need from us to get on the second house and how much?
I still plan on driving, and I'm lobbying for Jimmy Houston to come along. We may split a 4 man if there is one but I won't know till Friday or Saturday for him.
John didn't ask for anything as far as reserving the extra 6-man....yet.
We just have to let him know ASAP what we need.

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
I spoke with Patty a little while ago and reserved a 4 man, If Jimmy don't go, I'd still be willing to split with someone. Otherwise I'll (hopefully) join in on the 2nd 6 man if there's room. I have till Monday am to back off of it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm still in on this one. Maybe someone can let me now what I need to do to reserve my spot? :roll:

·
Administrator
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Just basically say you'll take one of the six spots in the extra house and then we just need 5 others to fill it.
Anyone else?

G

·
Would sure like to go but I won't be able to swing it. Fishing a Trap in Michigan with Smeltaholic the very next weekend and it would entail too many days off work. Hope you guys catch a bunch.

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
BigDog and I will defintely go IF we don't get late winter antlerless permits. Those should be out any day now, but I can't commit until then. If the spots fill so be it, but I almost hope I don't get a permit, this trip sounds like a blast.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Hey Tom,
You gotta have one of the Rockman Burgers. They are as good as they get.
If you don't get in on the 6 man get a 4 man for the two of you and it will work out good. 4 man is just to small for the larger guys like us to put 4 in.
Good luck all and if you get a chance to get a good picture of a hunters moon, send it my way.

Smelt
PS. You might want to check with John to see if they have rattle wheels in them or take a few with you.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Mille Lacs Rockmans

Well if I can't hook up with two-truck I would like to go too as I have some comp time coming at work. Is there still room left? Let me know either way. Good Luck Good Fishing
Finatic

·
Registered
318 Posts
Who is riding with whom? Any discusion about that yet? I have a mid size s.u.v. and I'm willing to drive.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i want to go osprey, but im pretty sure i have to play that national tourney in minisotta, to make my sponsor happy, i still not sure i have to go but i dont want to keep ya hangin, so for now, i want to go bad but not sure i can, i know that isnt much help........sorry

p.s. i hope your feeling better osprey, johnny met me at the local pond yesterday and told me you were in bad shape....good luck.

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
Question for the guys who went before. I know you have permament fish shacks to fish out of, but would there be any benefit to bringing an ATV & a protable shanty to move around a bit?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Mille Lacs

I am going. Question who is all going and who is going with who. Is there a head count yet? Ed what needs to be done in regards to reserving Shanty's? What time we leaving and from where. Same as last year leave early Friday morning and come back Sunday at noon? Well regardless I am in.

41 - 60 of 514 Posts