ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner

Rocky Reef Resort-Mille Lacs trip 2006 - WINNERS

64K views 513 replies 32 participants last post by  smeltaholic 
#1 ·
Once again this we will be offering 2 free nights lodging for 4 CLF Subscribers in an ice house on Mille Lacs.
Last years trip was a blast :)2

The Rockman (John-Rocky Reef Resort owner)
The 2006 trip will be Friday and Saturday night, January 13th and 14th.

I have the big 6-man house reserved for us and have another reserved for those that also want to go along.
In January of this year we had 2 big houses and a third 2-man.

If you are a CLF subscriber, whose subscription is current, or become one before the drawing, email me and let me know you want to be included.
Please put Mille Lacs trip in the subject line so I don't delete your email along with all the other junk mail :roll:

As of yet we haven't chosen a deadline for the drawing.

Here is the link to where wer will be going.
You can also use their banner on the left.
Rocky Reef Resort

Let's get the ball rolling :p

See less See more
#54 ·
Hey Tom,
You gotta have one of the Rockman Burgers. They are as good as they get.
If you don't get in on the 6 man get a 4 man for the two of you and it will work out good. 4 man is just to small for the larger guys like us to put 4 in.
Good luck all and if you get a chance to get a good picture of a hunters moon, send it my way.

Smelt
PS. You might want to check with John to see if they have rattle wheels in them or take a few with you.

#57 ·
i want to go osprey, but im pretty sure i have to play that national tourney in minisotta, to make my sponsor happy, i still not sure i have to go but i dont want to keep ya hangin, so for now, i want to go bad but not sure i can, i know that isnt much help........sorry

p.s. i hope your feeling better osprey, johnny met me at the local pond yesterday and told me you were in bad shape....good luck.

#59 ·
Mille Lacs

I am going. Question who is all going and who is going with who. Is there a head count yet? Ed what needs to be done in regards to reserving Shanty's? What time we leaving and from where. Same as last year leave early Friday morning and come back Sunday at noon? Well regardless I am in.

#61 ·
Tom I went last year and if you read Minn. rules on fishing and use of ATV's I'd say leave it home. You can drive a 4x4 all over the lake , its like driveing in a suburb, only on water. As for fishing in a portable I think you have to buy a tag for it. As for the ATV the way I read it you have to register it in Minn. kind of like what Wisc. has, a two year deal. Unless the fishing regs have changed from what I remember your only allowed 1 rod and 1 tip up, and if jigging the tip up has to be in sight. Maybe somebody more computer savy then me can post the Minn. DNR site regs.

#64 ·
The OTHER 6 man shanty

Just so we keep this all straight. For the 6 man shanty we have Tom, Big Dog, Two truck, Osprey, Finatic and my brother. So do all the parties agree specifically the ones in the OTHER 6 man shanty? Let me know if there is a discrpency or to say if anyone else is going besides this 6 and Ed's 6. Thanks,
GLGF
Finatic

#68 ·
Hey, we could have a dedicated cigar shack as far as I'm concerned. I'd be in for that! It looks like the shanty fee for a nonresident (7 day) is $19. The ATV fee is $30 for 3 years, which sucks, but if this continues to be an annual event, then not all that bad. I may still bring the new machine. I just want to be mobile if I need to be.

#69 ·
Ah ha a fellow herf, thats two for the smoking house.make it 3 theres also a $5.00 handling fee for the ATV, as far as being mobile just drive the truck around. Where Rocky puts the house's they are on a hump that the fish like to cruse. Check his latest post.

#71 ·
Keep me away from that cigar shack and I'll go if you need 1 more to fill a spot... I'll probably just screw around more than fish anyway...

Also, not to push buttons, but is there a trip up to see Alma Wisconsin again this year??? I'm ready this time... Thanx to BIGDOG, I have some insulated clothes this year... And I won't leave at 5pm, on a Friday, in a blizzard, either...

#72 ·
I'd say keep the second second man. Like last year ther'll be late comittments. Looks like I can probly find a second for a 2 man.

Jimmy Houston's in. Late notice on the first invite, but in nonetheless.
the line forming to outfish him starts right over there....... :)7
:wink:

#73 ·
Looks like Im in.....so someone else is going to have to provide the daily reports to the www :)2

So a few questions....

1. Are we going to have 65 different houses in differnent spots so if the WIND changes direction the fish wont smell us????

2. If I sit on a bucket im not gonna get labled am I????

3. Capt. Jimmy isnt going to short sheet my cot in retaliation for past posts is he????

Jimmy...... :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.