ChicagoLand Fishing Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any info on the 2 lakes off of rt. 6 in channahon? It seems you can now shore fish there. Are there any regs on belly boats, canoes or anything else? Just wondering
Thanks again to all who post! I appreciate the info and enjoy the heck out of all the feedback!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A friend of the family said he heard it was open to the public. I took a walk back that way and there were a few guys shore fishing. There are forrest preserve sign throughout the area but nothing that says fishing is/is not allowed. Anyway if anyone comes across any useful info I would appreciate it. I would really like to get my belly boat in the smaller of the 2 lakes!!!
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
ponds in channahon

I live in the sub division up the road same builder, but to my knowledge they are open to residents only. Although, I really dont think that anyone would question it. I have two ponds by my house in the other subdivision and Ive lived there for two years haven't been in there but I hear it is pretty decent.
So, give it a shot.

·
Premium Member
4,346 Posts
If it's the area I think you're speaking of, I too heard that the Forrest Preserve now owns that. I believe it WAS private property and the owners had to constantly patrol it and call the police to get fishermen off their property. Probably a win-win for everybody. Don't know about fishing from boats but Ive HEARD (again, no definitive word from anybody) that you can fish from shore. Just go and fish it and report to everybody if you got fined or not - lol!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hope to try it out soon. If I get a fine i will be accepting donations!!!

I keep seeing numerous cars parked along the road there. If it is still restricted, not too many people are patrolling anymore.

I will let you know how I do! and thanks for the responses

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
It's open to fishing.
Forest preserve property now.
Boat access is from the DesPlaines River.

Judging from the couple of times I've been out there,
it may not be open for long.

It is already littered with garbage from "fishermen".
I hesitate to call the type of people that leave such a mess
"fisherman", because I think of fishermen as being ecologically
aware and responsible. -Anglers With Ethics.

Not what is already exhibited out there.

My confirmation here that the spot is open to walk-in access probably
won't help the situation, because anglers without ethics just don't
freakin' get it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Feeling confused, I have been fishing the State Park off of 6 for a couple of years, but live over minooka. I have never seen these two lakes.........
Took a look on google maps and I am still at a loss, if anyone is in the mood to take pity and give me some direction that would be great, hoping to get out with the wife tomorrow though probably to our normal spots. Its a damn shame what some people have tp channahon/minooka fishing spots, every time I go for a run(run the I&M canal 3x weekly) I find something new and special to be disappointed in, though most is as simple as stopping and grabbing.
Across from Desdan Power Plant, somebody dumped an old shell of a pontoon boad and other misc junk on the illinois side of the trail, great juuust great.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Will county forest preserve bought it. Yes you can fish it. I called the office this year and spoke to the secretary. You still cant ice fish it or boat fish it. Even if you get in to it by the desplaines with a boat its still off limits. The reason is Will county has no INS on boaters in any of its lakes or indpundments. And before you say i boat the dupe or any others those are navigable waters and not owned by a county.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Hmmmm....
Seen bass boats out there twice.

Typical quarry lake. Deep and clear.
Kinda tough to access most of the shore.
I would imagine that there are some good fish in there,
seems like a slip bobber set-up and trying various depths would be a good aproach.

Think I'll stick to the rivers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
sorry I was thinking over by the homes in the subdivison hunters crossing. I guess I do not know of were you speak, my apologies. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
386 Posts
I don't know where anyone is talking about either, and I live in Minooka.

Edit- I figured it out. I'll have to stop there sometime.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.